• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 750c lgp belt squealing again

Dan Pflip

2004 JD 750c keeps squealing the belt, what happens is if I get any dust in the engine area warm or cold or after a few hours of running the belt starts squealing. I believe it is squealing on the fan because I can hear the fan blowing slower based on rpm speed and how loud it should be. I have replaced belt, tensioner, bearings in the fan assembly and new a/c front. I have also tried belt dressing, deodorant and a couple other suggestions nothing helps. Has anyone ever had an issue like this and it was something odd? Is it possible the fan pulley could be wore? How many lbs of pressure is the tensioner suppose to apply? Any ideas help. Thanks in advance

Dan Pflip

No I looked all around it totally dry. I also can’t find any resistance on anything that needs to spin everything seems free warm and cold. Thanks

Dan Pflip

Yes I can may be a couple weeks before I get to it. I’ve never had a pulley go bad so I don’t know if that ever is the problem

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Have u touched any of the pulleys when it starts squealing? Could have a bad bearing. It’ll be hot fosho. Turn engine off first lol

muzy

Could your rad be a bit plugged?
Nice to start with basics, could be a symptom and not a cause.
Muzy