• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 50ZTS Isuzu 4LE1 low power

Pud100

I have a JD 50ZTS with a Isuzu 4LE1 engine. It's been running fine but recently started to miss on one or more cylinders. Checked the fuel filters and they were fine. So I thought I would put a set of injectors in as a quick fix (not previously touched) and likely needed. While replacing the injectors the old #1 & 3 were almost completely clean while the #2 & 4 were black with a build up of carbon and soot. I'm not sure why some are clean and some are sooty. So the question is if the individual pump was stuck and not sending fuel to the injector would it cause this? I have not touched the pumps yet. has anyone had a similar problem.
Thanks
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3803.jpg
    IMG_3803.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 8

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I can't remember, is the copper crush washer in the head bore at the very face of those or is it on the first step, or one of each? If it is at the very face, it could just be a little compression/soot bypassing the washer and dirtying the injector. I have replaced a few of those but it has been a few years, not a common thing to have to do.

STEFANO

I have a JD 50ZTS with a Isuzu 4LE1 engine. It's been running fine but recently started to miss on one or more cylinders. Checked the fuel filters and they were fine. So I thought I would put a set of injectors in as a quick fix (not previously touched) and likely needed. While replacing the injectors the old #1 & 3 were almost completely clean while the #2 & 4 were black with a build up of carbon and soot. I'm not sure why some are clean and some are sooty. So the question is if the individual pump was stuck and not sending fuel to the injector would it cause this? I have not touched the pumps yet. has anyone had a similar problem.
Thanks
Dan
Hi Birken,

I send you Service Manual for ISUZU Engine 4LE1 .

Regards

Attachments

• ISUZU 4LB1-4LC1-4LE1 Service Manual.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 10

STEFANO

Thanks
Dan
Hi Pud100,

I send you Service Manual for ISUZU Engine 4LE1.

Regards

Attachments

• ISUZU 4LB1-4LC1-4LE1 Service Manual.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 8

Pud100

Hello Birkin and Stefano
Thanks for your help. I got busy over the holidays and I'm just getting back at it now. After the injector change it still had the low power and missing. The manual says the next step is to check for air in the fuel feed lines. This will likely be a spring job once it warms up a little.
Thanks guys for your help and the manual.
Dan

Pud100

I haven't checked the lash yet. I won't be using this machine until the spring as our winters are cold and snowy so that is on my list. Just thinking about it, it happened in the summer a couple of times just running like on 3 cylinders with power down and some vibration and then came back to it and all was good. Had no problem until the fall and it did it again and then next time I started it it was fine. The last time I used it it was fine then after about an hour it started running real rough and lots of vibration and no power. I had a tough time getting it to have enough power to get it out of the work area and finally had to assist it with the F450.
Having said all that it is certainly an intermittent problem, or at least it was so I figured it wasn't a compression or a lash issue. It runs smooth and with power and then it's like pulling a plug wire (or two) off a gas engine. In all cases it's when the engine is hot.