• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jd 35d bucket cylinder cap wiper ring/seal

Kale343

The new seal I have has a metal or aluminum casing around the rubber. Outside diameter is larger than the cylinder cap lip to press in. Am I missing something? All the aftermarket part kits show the same style ring. Referenced the seal kit part number from parts manual so I know I’m clear there. Will call dealer tomorrow but figured I’d ask here first!

Thanks! IMG_7241.jpegIMG_7242.jpeg

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Please provide the machine serial number and the part number of the kit you purchased.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
That is the correct seal kit part number. Makes me wonder if it was packaged wrong, or labelled wrong. When I get to work, I'll see if we have a kit in stock and see what seal is in it.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 5.38.39 AM.png