• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 310A help

anlricks

Occupation
Lawenforcement
I was offered a 310a backhoe today with a new engine. The owner said the hydralics were week so he had a new pump installed. When he got it back from the shop it ran for a day then stopped moving. He was told it had an additional internal pump that needed replacing. Before I buy it I would like to know if this might be the case or could it be something else.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bill onthehill

There are a number of threads on here about this problem. they use a pump to supply fluid from the reservoir to the main hydraulic pump. I will see if I can find one of the threads.

grandpa

Yes the 310A does have and internal transmission pump and a bad pump would cause the machine not to move. Replacement of the pump requires splitting of the machine to facilitate the replacement.")