• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 310 crank pully problems

fiatmom

The crank pulley in my JD 310A is not turning neither is the shaft for the hydraulics. The engine runs well until the battery dies. What would cause this. If it is a key way hard difficult is it to replace.
Thanks
Nick

lantraxco

Yep, sheared key or broken crankshaft snout. If it's just the key and things are not yet wallowed out too bad, pretty easy. Pull the hydraulic pump and drive shaft, one bolt in the middle of the pulley, pull it out, replace the key, put it back. Or cuss and cry because the crank is too worn to keep the pulley tight in place.

fiatmom

Thanks thats what i thought. I forget if I have to remove the pump or can I move it forward to separate the damper and pulley.

sbarrett

Occupation
engine builder ,machinist
my 310a did the same thing, mine was caused by a seized hydraulic pump. ended up pulling the engine and replacing the crank,pulley,and hydraulic pump, ouch!!!,but in the end it worked out great.

fiatmom

Well I took it apart and found the problem. The bolt worked loose and the pulley cracked in half. Today I will install a new one.