• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jcb strikes again

catwelder

Occupation
welder
so my last jcb story was of them being a little late to contact me. so today I had a lovely little job way far away I dint want to go to but the price was right the however I needed to rent a backhoe and the only dealer nearby was jcb. I would have rather had anything expect maybe a terex but I got to rent something so I can get this job done. well today was the day for the job I get to the site at 8 am the dealer is suppose to bring the backhoe at 8:30 very easy job its a pipe replacement and do a small ditch and place gravel down reason for the backhoe. well luck me the dealer that is about 5 miles down the road does not show up I have to drive down there ask them and they go to tell me there driver is not feeling well id have to do it my self. after some talking they let me drive the thing down the road I give them the address and everything they have a what looks like to be a fairly new rental its been used I can tell. I go to start this thing and wouldn't you know it its out of gas. long story at the dealer basically the thing was dead needed gas to be jumped off and needed tires pumped. its 11 at this point I finally get going down the road get to the job and start working and somehow the lovely jcb decides that I don't need this job and turns off. I call the dealer they come out there and this thing is dead I mean dead there is no life. thank god though for jcb customer service because they still charge me for the full day. long story short I ended up calling john deere that is 85 miles away to bring me a machine which they brought to my today but ill have to go in the morning again to do the job. that might be the worse business I have ever seen in my life. I just checked my email to and they have the balls to send me a email asking me how my experience with them was.

rondig

Occupation
excavation
Too funny....you should have known better lol....i would rather buy a used broken spade shovel....than ever own a jcb

Welder Dave

I'd be disputing the full rental for sure. I rented a 36" wide skid steer years back to get into a very tight space in a back yard. The machine was gutless and hardly had any power to dig. I opened the back door and noticed the air filter indicator was red. I took the filter out and it was packed full of concrete dust. I banged out as much as I could and finished the job. When I took the machine back, they tried to tell me if had a full service before I took it. Oddly (LOL) they refused to come out and look at the filter and said I should have called them if there was a problem. It was only a 3 hour job. I would have spent twice as much time taking it back and screwing around. The machine was used for major renovations at the hockey arena is why it was full of concrete dust. I think the filter weighed about 4 times heavier that a new one. Don't lie to me about it having a full service.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
I'd be disputing the full rental for sure. I rented a 36" wide skid steer years back to get into a very tight space in a back yard. The machine was gutless and hardly had any power to dig. I opened the back door and noticed the air filter indicator was red. I took the filter out and it was packed full of concrete dust. I banged out as much as I could and finished the job. When I took the machine back, they tried to tell me if had a full service before I took it. Oddly (LOL) they refused to come out and look at the filter and said I should have called them if there was a problem. It was only a 3 hour job. I would have spent twice as much time taking it back and screwing around. The machine was used for major renovations at the hockey arena is why it was full of concrete dust. I think the filter weighed about 4 times heavier that a new one. Don't lie to me about it having a full service.
I don't even want to deal with them honestly this job was basically my 2nd to last job this year I still made money but not as much as I should of the home owner was understanding thank god but still. john deere was more understanding of my situation and actually dint charge me to bring it to me or to pick it up. I ended up there today after the job and looked at some of the hitachi excavators and a newer tractor. so they might have a sale for me next year if plans go right

Vetech63

Is this an actual JCB dealer? or a rental place that has JCB equipment? My experience with the JCB backhoes have been pretty good, but it is limited to the older 1400 series machines. The last dealer I worked for (1990) was a JCB dealer, and the JCB rep stayed on top of us regularly. The parts and service was really good back then, and the dealer support was as good as could be expected. Has JCB really fallen that far?

catwelder

Occupation
welder
Is this an actual JCB dealer? or a rental place that has JCB equipment? My experience with the JCB backhoes have been pretty good, but it is limited to the older 1400 series machines. The last dealer I worked for (1990) was a JCB dealer, and the JCB rep stayed on top of us regularly. The parts and service was really good back then, and the dealer support was as good as could be expected. Has JCB really fallen that far?
its a actual dealership many years ago I put in a request for a quote for a backhoe then never got called till this year. my buddy does tree work its a family business they bought a jcb and it breaks down so much that every time they use it something else breaks. maybe its just a north Carolina thing or im just unlucky with them

rondig

Occupation
excavation
I had 3 jcb units bought them all at once...a ctl, a excavator , and a jcb(vibromax roller) i still have the vibromax, but it is not a real jcb. Electrical problems galore...no service and parts...got rid of the hoe and ctl at auction....no more for me.

Jonas302

Thats a damn shame from any dealer just for fun I would find corporates email and pass along the wonderful service you received

catwelder

Occupation
welder
I had 3 jcb units bought them all at once...a ctl, a excavator , and a jcb(vibromax roller) i still have the vibromax, but it is not a real jcb. Electrical problems galore...no service and parts...got rid of the hoe and ctl at auction....no more for me.
id hate to even try one of those I could not imagine the pain it would be

Therapydoc

My current jcb would work my old ford backhoe into the ground. They all have their issues but your issue was obviously a crap dealer who doesn’t take care of their stuff.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
My current jcb would work my old ford backhoe into the ground. They all have their issues but your issue was obviously a crap dealer who doesn’t take care of their stuff.
yeah so unless I move states I don't think ill be trying them anymore honestly my year has finished now so ive tried a lot of equipment and I know what ill be going with for next year