• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB JS300

Choc1992

Hi guys , hoping I can get some help here. I have just picked up a second hand 2015 JCB JS300 with less than 3000 hours on it. It’s been sitting around collecting dust for the last 12 months and the machine has been working well. Having a slight issue which is driving me mad at the moment and only picked up on it today. Intermittently the slew slows down as I am turning but have found if I put the slightest pressure on the boom lift control, it springs back to life.

I have changed all hydraulic oil, engine oil, slew motor oil etc after taking delivery.

It really has me scratching my head. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it’d be much appreciated. Thanks.

S/N JCBJS30CJ02409508

Choc1992

Sorted. Turns out the boom over swing priority function had been switched on the DECU.

Instead of swing having priority, it was set to boom and holding button on joystick gave priority to the slew.