• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB JS220 please help

carlo

Hello all.

I have a JCB JS220 model 2002 it is working abroad at the moment. It recently had a problem in the right-hand side wheel, when we want it to turn right it wont move further than about 5 meters and then slowly it comes to a halt. So we decided to work using left-hand side after 10 days the same problem happened to the left-hand wheel. We called a mechanic there, he opened both wheels and cleaned them and checked for broken parts and concluded that the problem is not in the wheels but he doesn't know where and cannot fix it. I don't know whether to trust mechanics in the middle east! can you help please? has anyone being through a similar problem.

*at the moment the engine and hydro system are working ok but it wont move forwards or back further than 5 meters or so. Thanks

skata

you say wheel. are you referring to the drive motor? what got inspected? the planetary hub/gears? sounds more like a hydraulic issue to me.

dodgeram22871

Occupation
plantfitter
whats the hours up in the machine. did you check the turning joint in the middle of it.