• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jcb 3cx 4wd problems

paddy

hi all.

i have not been on in a bit.I have since sold my 580g and bought a 1988 jcb 3cx 4wd. I tried to do a search for jcb but it would not accept it on the search option on here. Any way the new machine has been parked up for 5 years as it has transmission problems. I have bought it knowing it has and i went to get it going last week with some issues. I got engine running and the hydrolics are perfect but when i went to change the oil in the transmission the mesh filter was totally block(not unusal at all). I was hoping the problem was just the filter but when i felt arond in the chamber ,i found the remains of a big circlip. It was smashed to bits and only have half of it. The oil i there was all miky and terrible. just wondering has any one experienced this problem or know where it might be from.

lee

hi paddy i have one of these but i have done quite alot on these any way if the oil has gone milky and it has a round cylinder trans oil cooler sitting under the radiator this has gone and needs changing if its got a radiator type oil cooler in front of the radiator forget this as no water can get in through that it may then be because its been standing so long the bits in the bottom means the transmission needs to come out i imagine the oil cooler has gone breaking up the forward revers clutch packs if you need more technical advise contact digger doctor uk he will help you with more advise and parts google him you should find him if not get back i will sort out details for you

paddy

hi lee i have the box dropped at the moment. i havent seen it but been told the shaft of the pump is scored so going to split the box and see what is going on and see what dammage the circlip has caused. it looks like it will be a full rebuild of the torque and bit so could be very expensive