• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 214 oil cooler problem sealing

JCB214 in ga

we've got this 214 backhoe that is having a huge issue leaking around the oil cooler. we removed it to access the freeze plug behind it. now we can't get the oil cooler to seal correctly. we've changed and exchanged the seals around it several times, first w/ the seals that came off it, then several versions of American standard which fit pretty tightly, and finally w/ JCB replacement parts..

has anyone got any suggestions at sealing these connections? we are about at the end of ideas on how to handle this and there is no JCB mechanics in proximity to us. thought about trying to find a MF dealer/Perkins diesel mechanic but also there isn't one within 200 miles.

any help would be appreciated. we're located in columbus ga :Banghead

lee

hi ive had a bit to do with these machines can you send a picture of the cooler as it will depend how old the machine is to what cooler is on it but i know that 1997 machines to 2000 when ever i have seen these they always have a damp patch of oil around the oil cooler if you are in a desperate rush you may want to contact digger doctor uk he would answer the question and has more experience than me if you google the name it should come up

JCB214 in ga

its purported to be a 1995. i've got a picture but can i add it here or do i need to load it to another site and link? it's a left side mount, along the side of the engine, 6 or so water and oil connections betw the cooler and the engine.

the amount of water leaking is not a 'spot', it's a major drip/dribble. we cant' figure it out.