• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 214 Manuals

tpitt

Occupation
Heavy fire equip operator
I recently bought a 1995 JCB Sitemaster series 2 Backhoe, with 4318hrs. I'm looking for parts, service and operaters manuals. Anyone know of a good source. Ser. # is 43000+. Its in pretty decent shape, but could use some tlc. Thanks, Terry

MB@mp218

You can often find JCB Manuals on ebay or contact JCB service support at their plant in GA. The phone number there is 912-447-2000.

tpitt

Occupation
Thank you. I did manage to find the operaters manual, and the parts manual through partspring.com. They were pretty pricey for the service manual though. I will give JCB a call. Terry

Gregg K

This is a little odd.

I live in California, just bought a JCB 214s, and am looking for the service manual.

I'd be interested in knowing where an affordable service manual can be gotten. I searched ebay.

tpitt

Occupation
This is a little odd.

I live in California, just bought a JCB 214s, and am looking for the service manual.

I'd be interested in knowing where an affordable service manual can be gotten. I searched ebay.

Small world. I live in Willits.:) The service manual partspring can get was $489.77. Hopefully I'm going to find one cheaper. Terry

tpitt

Occupation
This is a little odd.

Ended up getting everything from partspring. What model and serial #. Maybe mine would work for you also.

lee

it may be of help to you both but i purchased a manuel for a jcb 3cx the same machine as yours just the english model it cost me £65.00 english money i got this from digger doctors uk if you google it you will find them

cafedo

Hello: I am working on a 214 Series II, I did contact the jcb dealer for this manuals and they ask me 2.000$!!!! for them this is crazy, I was wondering if you can help me I need the oil specifications: engine, transmission, brakes, hydraulic system...plz

Ty!

cafedo

Ty Gregg I will...can you tell me plz what kind of oil does the powershift transmission use? I have this problem: the machine works for 10 min and then the transmission strats to slip, once I shut off the engine for 1 min the transmission start to work fine again. I checked the oil and it looks like is mixed with water so I am goin gto chage the oil but want to make sure I am using the right fluid

Gregg K

Cafedo,

I see JCB Special Transmission Fluid, or ESP-M2C 33G. I've also been told that it is the same as CAT T04 10W.

Good luck with the tranny. I wish I could help, but I'm still a newbie to the JCB.

jcb jeff

cafedo
Your transmission oil cooler is possibly at fault located under the radiator at the front they often split internalaly and pass coolant into the trans resulting in the clutch pack friction plates falling apart and swell up .pull the trans filter out of the sump of trans the lemon shape with two 13 mm headed bolts and see what you have on the strainer gauze . the oil in this would be ATF or a good automatic trans oil the red stuff to flush out I used to have a hand pump bucket to hand and take the cooler line off the cooler and put into a empty drum . fill the trans with fresh oil and start the machine on tick over and pump new oil into the dipstick tube as the old stuff is going out and staying out of transmission you will flush the trans a lot quicker you may have to stop and top up trans if your pump wont keep up .
Hope that makes sence as the old oil cant mix with the fresh so you should be able to flush the trans mission in 15 mins.

westbeach

Looks like I'm late to the party... I am also looking for manuals for a 2001 JCB 214S 4x4x4, Serial Number is in the low 900000's, so all the manuals I've come across aren't applicable. Looking for Service, Operators, Parts and looks like there may be another document for fluid specs??? Any help with these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!