• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jaw feeding another jaw

kevink

Wondering if anyone has experience taking a big jaw30x42 using it for a primary and feeding it to a smaller jaw15x36. Already have a small jaw and was wondering if adding the big jaw could up my production. We are crushing concrete making inch and a half roadbase.

Thanks in advance

kevink

Are you considering an impactor and a hammer mill the same type crusher, if so I was trying to stay away from the wear issues ive had with impactors. Any feedback would be appreciated.

JLsanzaro

I run a 3048 jaw that I run as a primary into an impactor. You could run it into another jaw but an impactor would get more production. A cone would probably be the worst if you were just crushing concrete. No matter what type, every crusher has ware issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevink

JL are you running the impactor versus a jaw strictly for production? I currently have a small jaw 15x36 and have another large jaw that we use for primary just haven't had time to hook them up in line to see if it works. Would love to hear the input if anyone has tried this or will it not work. we parked the smaller jaw and are recrushing anything bigger than 1 1/2 roadbase. Was thinking that I could drop all my smaller product and just crush what was bigger than 1 1/2 thru the smaller jaw.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
There's no reason why it wouldn't work so long as the settings of the larger machine was such that the amount of oversize going to the smaller machine was not overfeeding it. You're obviously going to need a scalping screen in between the two to remove all the undersize from the primary. My old man had a setup like that in our family quarry many years ago. The idea would be max feed rate into the primary and something slightly less than max into the secondary.

JLsanzaro

Yea production. It's all about tons per hour. I ran a small exec jaw crusher and screener in a closed circuit and was never able to get the jaw smaller than 2 inch, thats why I rather run with a single impactor or as a secondary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dozerman400

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
We ran a jaw crusher making 8" minus, dropped into a impact crusher making 3" minus then into a screener with 3 belts, (ca-6, 1 1/2'' and 3''. It worked great. Opening up the jaw crusher to 8" minus took a lot more concrete verses having the jaw crusher at 3" minus with out the impact crusher.