1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International Red Diamond Engine

Discussion in 'Old Iron!' started by snowjoker, Jan 7, 2018.

1. snowjoker

snowjoker Member

I have a RD 406 in a truck and was wondering if anyone knows what the fuel pressure should be . I have an electric fuel pump but am not sure what it should be at. It has a Holley 885 FFG carb on it. Also where is the best place to set the timing ?

2. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

3. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Don't quote me as I only worked on one old IH, well not counting the one dad had back in the late 1960's, the one we had at the quarry had us confused till we found out that in the model we had it was timed using #8 cylinder.

I should have an old Motor's Manaul some where but for the life of me can't recall where it might be! Like someone once told me: "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Did a little Google work on the RD406, there is quite a bit of info out there but lots of it is somewhat old. Might be worth checking on some of those sites

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    DMiller likes this.
  4. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    I found some info today in old tune up manual.
    Fuel pressure: 5PSI
    Initial timing: 5 deg. BTDC
    Point setting: .019 with 32deg. dwell.
    If you need more let me know.

DMiller and Truck Shop like this.
  5. snowjoker

snowjoker Member

Thanks guys!