• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International IH backhoe transmission

obb

Well I don't know if you'd be interested but I thought I would share.i pulled the floorboard out of the tractor to get to the top of the transmission I pulled off a mixing valve for the transmission it apparently goes to the hydraulic transmission torque converter I think, when I pulled the mixer valve off realized that one of the tubes had slid into the transmission apparently the pressure side it has one rubber O-ring and one neoprene O-ring split to slide on underneath it is a still two-piece ring that holds the tube from sliding back in to the transmission so my problem is locating these two still half rings I'm open to any suggestions on locating these parts ps I did add the pitchers pitcher is worth 1000 words how thank you everyone have a great daytractor 1979 188.jpgtractor 1979 189.jpg

sheepfoot

The tube to the rear is reverse and the tube to the front is forward, you should be able to get it threw caseih. The lock slides down the tube, then the two retainers are inserted and pushed down to lock it in the up. These part # may help you out (4) 402865R1 lock @ $10.32, (2) 402864R! retainer @ $12.59, (2) 86512844 o ring @ $00.90, (2) 401017R1 b/o ring @ $10.22 each. Try to give the model of your machine like IH 3500 backhoe, hours on it, data s/n, this helps others to try and help you. These part numbers were used on a hydro/stat IH awhile back under the drive control valve, and like said (may) work for you.

obb

Thank you.. I think you hit the nail on the head the tractor is a 1979 international IH no hours the meter was destroyed not working...

obb

xxxx.jpg ok here's a pic I tried to download on the last file but didn't go thank you again