• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Interesting problem....

DaveVB

Occupation
Maintenance Tech at Private Bible College
Here in S. KC/Belton Mc Aninch has been building a new lot for Adesa Auto Auction. Yesterday I go by and notice they are pushing more dirt in the front area which I will call an extra wide ditch. Problem is the dirt looks like concrete! Fresh concrete! Then I notice a small Cat paddle scraper going away and follow it to notice it has concrete on the paddles and it is going back for more!
Today I notice they are loading the uncured concrete?? (ie Soup, and a lot of it) from the first dump site with a small track loader, into a dump and moving it further down the ditch to where a dozer is pushing it up like they want to line the lower portion of the ditch with concrete. Just like they meant it that way in the first place!!!
Could be interesting to be a fly on the wall of that meeting.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Could that conctrete be flyash like we uses hereto stbilize roads, I have a friend that worked an job where they did this they mixed it yop into a goopy mix and loaded it with a paddle wheel to and hauled it where they needed it. But when you said you saw un cured getting loaded up is what gives me doubts that this was stabilizer.

D5G

It could also be uncured concrete. The concrete contractor at cleveland hopkins international airport had a problem similar to this. On the surface it cured but you could kick it with the tip of a steeltoe boot and chip all the way down through it. They had poured several runways like this that had to be torn out and re-done. Or, like said, most likely its flyash.