• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Installed a hydro temp gauge, should I worry about introducing air?

mustang960

Hi Guys, my oil temp sender was disfunctional so I replaced it with a actual gauge. Should I be worried about the possibilty of air introduced into the hydro system. I had to install a nipple and reducer and it is possible an air bubble could have been introduced into the system. Will the air work it self out of the system or could it become trapped?

MoCat

Hey Mustang960. I'm no expert on system hydraulics but I wouldn't think introducing small amounts of air into the system would adversely affect it. My rationale is that the same thing occurs whenever you attach auxiliary hydraulic attachments. The system should therefor be able to manage a small amount of air in the hydro system. FWIW

soso

no need to worry all air pergis out when running sucking air on suchion side of pumps is bad because it causes small explosins in hyd pumps watch for bubbles in hyd tank if you got bubbles rising in oil you got suction leak wich should be corected asap
tom