• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Insley H875 excavator

oldrusty

I am looking at an Insley 875 to add to my Old Iron collection and for use around the farm. i need to know some stuff before i go look at it. can anyone tell me how much it weighs? ALSO DOES THE SWING ON THIS OLD GIRL USE A HYDRAULIC swing motor or does it use swing clutches like a crane? if anyone has any more advice or input please chime in PLEASE.

Thanks

Metalman 55

The H875 Insley weighed in at about 21 tons or a bit more & the swing was a hyd motor if I remember correctly. When you let go of the swing lever it would stop. Some of the other excavators of that vintage were "free swing" where to stop the swing motion you had to push the swing lever the opp way.