• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Insley Excavator

pipeliner66

Occupation
Pipeline Welder
Here are some pictures of my K-15 Insley

Attachments

• test 001.jpg
    test 001.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 3,944
  • test 002.jpg
    test 002.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 4,148
  • test 003.jpg
    test 003.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 3,990

pipeliner66

Occupation
Pipeline Welder
Hapec12, You ask about finding machines close to home, we brought this one home from Detroit, see your from Michigan:drinkup

insleyboy

Occupation
Operator 25 years, was laborer for 7 years
The 3500B we had used 3 boom cylinders one for heavy lift of course. They also had the shives on the counterweight and some clete's on the back of the boom to remove the weights without the use of another machine!

jkossen

1947 Insely

This machine does actually run the biggest thing that i need to find for it is an exhaust manifold it has an old budha motor in it. If any one has any ideas on where to get one please let me know.

Attachments

• Resize.JPG
    Resize.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 3,752
  • resize1.JPG
    resize1.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 3,830
  • resize 2.JPG
    resize 2.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 3,626
  • resize 4.JPG
    resize 4.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 3,669
  • resize 3.JPG
    resize 3.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 3,905

pipeliner66

Occupation
Pipeline Welder
Nice !!!

Is that a K-15 ? Looks just like my dragline, it has a straight 8 Chrystler in it. Good look'in machine, will have to check with a buddy of mine on the Budha manifold.:drinkup

Cotterpin

Sadly enough fellers , the old Insley 2000 I posted pics of at start of thread is
slated to be scrapped . Last work order I have in file shows a rebuilt 8v71 that I and a co-worker installed in '02 . Probably has less than 200 hrs on it .
Rest in piece old girl !

Cotterpin

The mighty Insley is no match for the cutting torch . Coming monday for the final chunk a junk . That 8-71 does sound as good ( loud ) as ever though .
Insley 005.jpg

Insley 004.jpg

Insley 009.jpg

Markat425

Diamond T truck

This machine does actually run the biggest thing that i need to find for it is an exhaust manifold it has an old budha motor in it. If any one has any ideas on where to get one please let me know.

jkossen, What can you tell me about that Diamond T truck in the background of the pictures? Is it for sale? Can you get some close-up pics of it? Thanks!

goober

Insley H-875

Newby, can't post pics but I just bought an Insley H-875. After charging the battery for a while, it fired right off and purred like a kitten. The tracks are a little worn, but I could not see any leaks, other than a can above the pivot. Looks like a return from the cylinders, not sure. It has a homemade rubber seal on the top plate. Any info on this cool digger?

goober

H-875 pics

Pics from previous post.

Attachments

• Photo0280.jpg
    Photo0280.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 4,198
  • Photo0278.jpg
    Photo0278.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 4,165

daman

Occupation
Agriculture,Truck Driver,Mechanic
Where you guy's find parts for these old girls? thats gota be tough!

621_Rocker

My comments on the '47 Insley. I cannot believe that they did not allow for visibility on the right side of the machine other than running with the door wide open.

Last edited:

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I wish I could get my hands on an old machine like that. A couple years ago I had a guy offering to sell his first generation Cat 225, but lately he doesn't want to talk to me (he's kinda weird).

dka123057

Got a 1971 model myself. Nice old machine that does whatever I need for my personal use. Although, not the fastest in the world. Probably has a Detroit Deisel 4V71. I can run for an hour on less than 2 gallons of fuel if I'm not reving it too high. I have a complete parts manual with drawings that give you all the part numbers. I've seen several manuals for it show up on ebay, so you might try there. Amazingly you can still get just about any part you need for them, either new or used from WC Sales in Aurora, Il 630-264-8014. Ask for Matt. The leak your talking about sounds like the rotary union that supplies the tracks. Mine leaks there also. Looks like there are just some o-rings to replace. Just never did it yet. Good luck with it.