• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Injection pump removal

Angry Mike

Hey all, have a perkins 404D-22 on a genie lift. Its a cassette type pump and the instructions say to loosen bolts , lift it and remove a clip for linkage. After loosening bolts it barely comes up off the block. Anyone run into this problem?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
If it has an electric shut off that screws into the left side of where the pump lives, u gotta take it out 1st..
U also have to hit the cut-out in the block that will allow the rack to pass..
If it’s still confusing, look up a Kubota inj pump removal video on utube.. it’s explained a little better there.. good luck

Angry Mike

I got it. Was just really really tight fit lifting off the studs from plunger spring pressure and i didn't want to hulk it.. thanks

Angry Mike

the pump shop i ordered a replacement from wants it back for a core.. plunger was siezed and the bore is pretty scored up