• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ingersoll rand vr 638 house demolition

I've knocked down houses using a cable and large tractor to pull the corners out but I was wondering if a vr 638 could be used to take down a two story house. It's located in a rural area and if I knock it down and burn it I can hire a track hoe to bury the remains. A staircase is located in the center of the house and I can wrap a cable around it and removed it with a 300 horsepower tractor. If anyone has any experience with this type of demolition I'd appreciate it. Thanks

barklee

I've knocked down houses using a cable and large tractor to pull the corners out but I was wondering if a vr 638 could be used to take down a two story house. It's located in a rural area and if I knock it down and burn it I can hire a track hoe to bury the remains. A staircase is located in the center of the house and I can wrap a cable around it and removed it with a 300 horsepower tractor. If anyone has any experience with this type of demolition I'd appreciate it. Thanks

We used a 9000# Gradall to remove a third story from a burnt mansion. Just be careful not to use the forks to pry up on something. It can spring back and tip the machine. Also, be careful not to pick the machine up smashing something down with the booms extended, you can easily tweak the booms. Overall just be careful to not side load the mast of the lift and if you are pushing ahead try to do it with the booms retracted as much as possible. I am sure if you are patient and careful you can do this pretty easily. I think we demoed that floor we did in less than 4 hours. Good luck and be careful!!:)

powerjoke

Don't be burying it! Lol I would even consider editing my post if I were you! DNR and EPA would jump on you like stink on shlt if they read this post haha

But to answer your question......yeah anything is possible, I watched a guy tear a house down with a dump truck one time! Lol ill have to see if I can find a pic

Pj

Thanks Powerjoke! I had no idea I was breaking any law. The majority of houses and buildings are burned and buried in the same hole in this neighborhood. I'll have to ask around and find out more about this. Thanks again!

mitch504

In SC it is legal to bury farm buildings.

My question is, If you are going to hire a trackhoe to bury it, why not let him knock it down, and eliminate the risk of damage to your machine? Tear up one tire, and you lose. I can tear down and crunch up the average house in 45 minutes w/ my 215.

Most excavators say the cheapest way to do it is to knock it down, burn it and call them to bury what's left. They're not real fond of having their equipment wait a couple days for the fire to go out. The wind has to be out of the right direction to burn this pile. Power lines could be a problem if the wind was out of the north and I'm sure the excavator wouldn't want to wait for the wind to be out of the south. I have considered your idea but if I could get it burned I'd be better off. thanks