• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Info on fiatallis FR30

GEORGES

Occupation
USED GOLF MOWERS
Nice machine, I've just see one working in Austria years ago, i remember it seems like a very big machine. What engine is inside? In Europe there's a lot of Iveco engines on these (FR20,FR22..) but i remember the first manufacturer was ALLIS-CHALLMERS so perhaps it's a Detroit? I was interested in a FR22 but too expensive for his age and bad bucket conditions.One which i want to buy next is a Michigan L320...Found one in Spain 1994 model but 40 000euros(55 000 Dollars)very expensive in Europe.In United States, they are cheap and theres a lot of choice of big loaders so an FR30 is a good choice i think. What year is this machine?and how much it costs in USA ?

jakesdad

This machine is a 1987 it has 7500 hours really looks good . I bought without trying it out a hope I have good luck.It has a 855 cummins they are very cheap to overhaul.the tires are about 60% it has a 5 1/2 yard bucket.I paid about 15500 US funds. But going cost me about 4800 to get it trucked.

GEORGES

Occupation
USED GOLF MOWERS
nice machine... but always cost of transport with big loaders. I've bought mine H90e 8000dollars(6000euros) with known problems,and costs me 2000dollars for move to south to north of France, less than 500miles...Wha power delivers the 855 Cummins? i've seen different power output rating 210 to 290hp, in use of a different injection pump model.But your FR30 is a good deal cause in Europe we cannot fdind it so cheap!

GEORGES

Occupation
USED GOLF MOWERS
1000 us are 720 euros exactly. So when you conversion of prices of used loaders in US,i can see it's cheaper than here in Europe...You're lucky !And best choice of old good loaders,cause in europe theres since 10 years, lot of African people which have bought all old huge machines,low prices,, specially Cat,Michigan,Volvo to export to Africa. I miss 3 or 4 nice machines because of them,specially regrets for a Michigan 275C good looking,7m3bucket,good tires, for 12 000us .

jakesdad

Hi Georges Is there a demand for big loaders like michigan 275 s. because you can find then siting around in the us? Would shipping be costly? Maybe this is something I might be interested in doing.

jakesdad

Sorry Georges I forgot tell about the horse power on this machine the fr30 the sales person said 300+. By the way I still am waiting for the delivery to take place. I can't wait to put it to work.How are you coming on the 90?

GEORGES

Occupation
USED GOLF MOWERS
Hi Jakesdad, for import from Us, i was alredy interested in, for golf course mowers. But when i asked the custom's bureau for import used machines, what a big problem!!! safety and environmental norms, like Ansi , here called "ce conformity" whithout this you cannot take anything of your merchandise,it's consigned by customs.so you have to make an individual agree of conformity,in a laboratory who measures noise and exhaust ...after you have the agree (or with disagree you have to put your merchandise in the sea..) you must scribe a report to the Ministery of Agricultural and Industrial machinery...so for these nice reasons ( thanks to european stupid laws) i give up for trying to import Toro's mowers specially.Freight cost is not so important, for a 40fett container around 3000dollars.but you have to pay the Vat,and other costs of importation.So, very hard with used. and here, there's a demand of big loaders, but olders go very often to africa,where importation is easier...they are demanding now more recent materials,but a 275 in good condition costs here 25-30000 dollars ,like 988a CAt, to sale 20 000euros(27000dollars) in not so good conditions, that's what i've seen this week.I also found an interesting huge machine, a FURUKAWA 375,350hp cummins with 31.5 tyres 50%good, 11000hours, year 1997,seem good , clean, for 25 000euros(35000dollars).Expensive, but not the same machine...

GEORGES

Occupation
USED GOLF MOWERS
Nice machine the FR30...I will also be impatient to wait for delivery and trying of a nice loader like this.I was since long time interested in big american loaders.When i was 10years old, in Austria i have seen aH90 working in gravel.I was impressed by the volume of these machine is able to move.I purchased next in 2001 a little Zettelmeyer 601(5tons, 60hp Deutz,nice for cleaning the first property i bought,to make garden amenagement,masonry,and little work.but i was also impressed by this little loader, put in hard work,is able to do big things,moved more of 100 cubic meters earh in garden(a land who becames garden..)cause i have a big place .Next, in June,, I found my H90e with the known problem we discussed, water in oilk cause of slleves.Very cheap and 8000hours,clean, no leaks,axles and bucket very good,good tyres 26.5,for around 8000 dollars .I searched a big loader cause it was the moment,I bought a property(land) next to my existant property, which is occupated by a sort of rednecks we found only here...they improvised them wood loggers. They tell me " it's not why you bought the place we have to change anything".precedent owner had problems with these people.He asked them to move, they don't hear anything.They never paid anything to owner,and are considerated like"illegals".So i make an offer to buy the place.Owners accepted.He is an old person and afraid of them.they logg on this place 2000cubic meters wood in 6eet length, amusing them to make a wall of 20feet high next to me, enclosing the view of the house. So i have to move them in september ,with official authorities assisting me,lawyer and police,these rednecks will taste the bucket of the H90.(or bigger perhaps if i found a IH 560 will be nice...)I will push all ;trucks,cars,tractors(small ih 844 and similar).Next , i will create on this place a golf course(3-4 holes) with slopes, sand bunkers, greens, fairways, to try and adjust golf course's mowers.So big work=big loader !

jakesdad

Hi Georges it sounds like just about impossible to export over there.How are you coming on the 90 do you have it runing now? I went to auction sale today and seen a w26 case sold for $8500. This machine looked like it could be clumsily. It had a detriot engine. Tires looked like 60%.Also they sold a 621 case a nice machine it when for $22500.

JDOFMEMI

I ran a FR 30 on a deep pipeline spread. I was matching the production of a D-8K on backfilling. Push a full bucket plus a wad in front, and make 3 passes to 2 for the dozer.

The one I ran had control valve issues. The functions bled through to each other. Probably a seal kit might have fixed it though.
Power was good, reliability was good for the 3 months or so I was on it, and its lifting power beat an older 988 Cat, and it was way faster and stronger than a 980C.

Good luck with it.

GEORGES

Occupation
USED GOLF MOWERS
HI Jakesdad, for the H90e, today i just finish the engine, but not run this evening was late and i must made two gaskets in inox steel sheet for exhaust manifolds between turbo collector, cause when i remove the rust standard gaskets are thin and if i screw the bolts i think pressure(torque) will cause failure in the piece in "V" form which joins every manifold to turbocharger.Before, head cylinders were torquened at 4 steps(i found a nice person who was working in IH in france who gives me a scan of pages manual for the engine) and after i full the coolant circuit with water. what a surprise when i see little water leak on the side of the head gasket.between cylinder head and gasket. So i call a friend who's job is to rebuilt big industrial engines, told me to retorque more than 20% of specifications.What i do. water stop any leak.Tomorrow, i will run to heat, i also blocked in open position thermostatic valves to accrue water circulation to the cooler.after run, control the torque of bolts another time.Normally,all will be placed crrectly and will run nice. Turbocharger is totally rebuilt,water pump, starting motor,alternator,nozzles are new.All filters will be change,and i hope it run without problem.Talk you soon about this...gonna take a bath to clean myself from all dirt i eat today!

GEORGES

Occupation
USED GOLF MOWERS
Jakesdad, for export , you're right!about, case W20-W30 i don't know them very good. a W26 seems a smaller than our big loaders.I found here also a W30 for the same price(5000euros=7000Dollars)and a nicer one, 921C year 1998 very clean for 28000euros36000dollars.And also a Dresser 560 IHC, 85,for 20 000euros(27000S)I'm interested in this one.Long time it's for sale, gonna try negociations...For auctions, in our country it's known that almost materials are volontary sales, and often the dealers keep to auction machines not so good, with problems, cause theire sold "as is".So have to be carefull with it.Lot of small loaders here, big hard to find, lot of japanese products Komatsu,Furukawa,fiat hitachi..