• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Indicators you need to slow down

Truck Shop

you guys are so funny, I had a truck with a clutch brake vanished , so someone tried to adjust the linkage to compensate
was that you TruckShop?

Haven't been to Colorado or Denver area for 6 years, have no plans on going back. The reason the clutch
brake {vanished} is because someone installed a cheap button type. And I don't do Sh!tty work, I leave that
to the other 99.9% that take 3 day's to do a 15 minute job then brag about it.

Muffler Bearing

The cart is a toolbox refined down to the best tools. I don't know how people work without them...slowly I guess. This new clutch brake I had never seen before. It was like a spring-loaded latch. Very easy to use. I hate those button style. The first one I did I didn't set the pin all the way through and rubbed a gouge in the bearing.

Muffler Bearing

Mines like a surgeon's operating tray. I have pokers, stabbers, grabby things, smashy things..ect.

In the movie John Wick, the ex-assassin buries all his weapons under his garage floor in hopes that he'll never need them again. I think I might do that with all my heavy truck tools

colson04

I sent my wife's car in a couple years ago for recall work. I get it back next day and it's raining. The drivers wiper is torn so I stop at my in laws service shop for a wiper and find a ¼" ratchet and 8mm socket in the well for the wiper arm. Crescent brand ratchet, a snap on socket. I call the dealership, ask if they're missing anything. After 10 minutes on the phone, the mechanic that did the work says his box is full, not his. Ok, I guess I got a new ratchet. I cleaned it up, gave the ratchet a touch of grease and use it quite regularly now.

rockfarm

i lay my tools out just like a meal. all spread out nice and even like. about ten minutes into the "meal" I'll reach for the pickled cukes AND THEY ARE NOT THERE!? While trying to find it I find something that i had already forgotten that i was missing. i spend more time trying to find my misplaced tools than time spent working. I really need to get with it. sorry about the allegory to food guys. I'm hungry right now.

Old Doug

I dont understand how the cart would work . I guess if you worked on one brand or kind of stuff you would get a ideal what you would need but for me one minute i am working on a 1950s farm tractor then a hour later i am working on a 2005 vehical. It looks like i would be rolling it to my tool box loading up stuff that i needed besides what was load on it already then doing that job going to the next job needing some other tools for that job and at the end of the day spending a bunch of time unloading it. I want and plan on making my tool box easyer to move so i can have it close by instead of clear across the shop.

Tyler d4c

The policy at home is when we can't find a 1/2 inch wrench it's time to clean at the day job well I put my tools in my truck at tye end of the day...... At home we've been slacking as of later getting to be crunch time earth moving for dad and uncle and I've been swamped playing mechanic. Shop needs a whole day clean up.

Old Doug

The policy at home is when we can't find a 1/2 inch wrench it's time to clean at the day job well I put my tools in my truck at tye end of the day...... At home we've been slacking as of later getting to be crunch time earth moving for dad and uncle and I've been swamped playing mechanic. Shop needs a whole day clean up.
If you can clean your shop in a day i envy you. My shop is also used for storage i need to take a week or may be a month and tear it apart and do a major clean out.