• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I would hire this guy

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Getting older, trying to get at least 30 mins and 1.5-2 miles on the treadmill a day and need something to pass the time so I watch various videos on Youtube.

Ran across this video in the bowels of Youtube and was impressed. This guy is a pretty damn good operator considering the piece of wore out Chinese junk he's operating. Not slipping the tracks, loading the blade, carrying the grade and good use of the decel pedal on switching directions.

Wonder how hard it is to get that guy a green card?:D

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
I've watched a few of those cambodia construction videos and for the life of me, I can't figure out why the pyramid tracks seem to be so popular....

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Impressed me too. Every move was efficient, effective and easy on the dozer. A lot of operators could learn from this example.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I've watched a few of those cambodia construction videos and for the life of me, I can't figure out why the pyramid tracks seem to be so popular....
Maybe something to do with the manufacturer (or their dealers) for that particular market.? You know, the Henry Ford "you can have any colour you like so long as it's black" type of thing. Effectively the customer is presented with a line of identical machines and told "pick one".

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Don't you like how the general public just weaves in and around the construction sites?
Many many years ago that was the way it was before the PC Safety Brigade saw that big bucks could be made from this. Then it was very simple, common sense front and centre or you got hurt, your fault

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
It's the little things that catch my eye in that video. First item is the way the operator loads the blade. The cut starts level and he loads a corner and lets the material fill across the face of the blade. The engine is never lugged down. It's loaded pretty good by looking at the smoke from the stack but RPM hardly dips. The next thing is there are hardly any dips in the road he is pushing down. The last item is the way he drops the material. Nice and smooth and it ends right in line with the fill down. When he reaches the end, that's the end of the material. I'm betting he spent plenty of time with a pick, shovel and a couple of buckets before he got close to one of those machines.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
It's the little things that catch my eye in that video. First item is the way the operator loads the blade. The cut starts level and he loads a corner and lets the material fill across the face of the blade. The engine is never lugged down. It's loaded pretty good by looking at the smoke from the stack but RPM hardly dips. The next thing is there are hardly any dips in the road he is pushing down. The last item is the way he drops the material. Nice and smooth and it ends right in line with the fill down. When he reaches the end, that's the end of the material. I'm betting he spent plenty of time with a pick, shovel and a couple of buckets before he got close to one of those machines.

Exactly what impressed me to John. That guy is good blade operator.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Many many years ago that was the way it was before the PC Safety Brigade saw that big bucks could be made from this. Then it was very simple, common sense front and centre or you got hurt, your fault

Third world is a different place isn't it? There are no ambulance chasing attorney's with big billboards and TV advertisement in Cambodia. The majority of the third world goes with the "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." No a bad rule IMO.:p

CM I'll patiently wait for my travel tickets and green card. See you soon.:D

We've got a ton of Skymiles...;):D

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
To be a good operator you need to be a lazy labourer. Machine over mussel.

Spot on Tones!:D

Mentor of mine (RIP) and best friend of my father had the same saying - " Gotta be lazy to be a good operator". :p