• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I broke down and bought a "power luber"

lectro88

Occupation
master electrician/owner
Been pondering, reading about etc. battery operated grease guns. (for over a year)
So today at northern tool, bought my machine an early xmas gift, the 18v Lincoln.
brought it home, charged it up, loaded it up and proceeded to.... wrote it once and felt like I was on the wrong site, lube her, it, up. :) :D :D
Works very well, Guys, and 1girl... I've been using a pump grease gun for 30 or more years and they have done fine for their intended use.
But this just spoiled me, if it holds up.
Sometimes you kinda need a 3rd hand if you have a hose, seems battery replaced that need.
Time will tell. I'll keep ole faithfull close by as a threat:D You know like having a generator in case the power goes out. Then you don't need it.:D

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
A battery-operated power luber?? Whatever is the world coming to? I'll wager, that next thing, operators will be asking for suspension seats, A/C cabs, and radios!! :rolleyes: :D

tailboardtech

I have a cordless Lincoln for several years now. When you go through 4 or 5 tubes a machine your hand does get tired with an old school gun and don't try to switch hands mid stroke eather;):D

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Pumping up a grease adjuster with a pump gun after you've put a flipped track back on, now that just sucks! Power Lube makes the task way easier. It's not as fast as the bohunkin air grease pump I got in the shop, but sure as hell beats a hand pump gun out in the field. :yup

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
I scored a brand new, air-operated, 20kg drum luber from off a big new Komatsu excavator - because all the miners here HAVE to have central auto-lube systems on ALL their big machines.
The buddy who was doing the central auto-lube conversion flipped me the factory luber, because it was going in the trash otherwise.
I mounted it on a trolley and roll it around the shop, and it sure beats a hand-operated gun any day of the week!

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
A battery-operated power luber?? Whatever is the world coming to? I'll wager, that next thing, operators will be asking for suspension seats, A/C cabs, and radios!! :rolleyes: :D

You forgot the ride control!!!!Sure beats the old days when you'd have coffee spills all over your shirt after roading the hoe down the road at 22 MPH bouncing all around.:rolleyes::D Yes,NOTHING like having my trusty 14.4 Lincoln gun.

Effinay

Occupation
Getting organized with my own small business
As I'm gathering "stuff" that needs to be greased, that battery operated grease gun has got some appeal. The tendonitis in my arm is telling me this would be a good investment. Also seems like it would make doing the lube maintenance easy (easier?) and quick. No excuses not to........

JD955SC

I use an air op grease gun but a 'lectric one would sure be handy for the tight spots.

jw3

Occupation
Plumber
I broke down a couple of yrs ago and bought a 12 volt Lincoln from TSC. it was some of the best money I have ever spent. I think I am gonna be quite pissed when the battery falls out on me.

AT&SW

Occupation
equipment owner/operator
Best investment I have made in preventative maintenance. Owned a lincoln for 2 yrs now will buy another but cost of batteries sucks.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Best investment I have made in preventative maintenance. Owned a lincoln for 2 yrs now will buy another but cost of batteries sucks.

X2!!! I get all my batteries rebuilt at usually half the price of new from a rebuilder on Ebay.Better than new and will last longer.Can't remember his name right now but he's from Texas and I can always find him when I need to.He'll also give you some great advice on the proper way of caring for them.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Been pondering, reading about etc. battery operated grease guns. (for over a year)
So today at northern tool, bought my machine an early xmas gift, the 18v Lincoln.
brought it home, charged it up, loaded it up and proceeded to.... wrote it once and felt like I was on the wrong site, lube her, it, up. :) :D :D
Works very well, Guys, and 1girl... I've been using a pump grease gun for 30 or more years and they have done fine for their intended use.
Sometimes you kinda need a 3rd hand if you have a hose, seems battery replaced that need.
Time will tell. I'll keep ole faithfull close by as a threat:D You know like having a generator in case the power goes out. Then you don't need it.:D

Sorry it took you over a year to research, ponder, purchase an electric grease gun....that's unfortunate but in the end you got it done and can enjoy what others have for at least a decade. Well done, enjoy the gun....Go lube her up !

caterpillarmech

Occupation
Field Service Supervisor
Been pondering for years. Still can't justify it. I am a battery hater. I also have electric rc's. batteries are expensive and don't seem to last for me. In the end, I'm still paid by the hour. May do and air operated one as the company provides that power.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Been pondering for years. Still can't justify it. I am a battery hater. I also have electric rc's. batteries are expensive and don't seem to last for me. In the end, I'm still paid by the hour. May do and air operated one as the company provides that power.

I know what you mean on the battery thing. Today's lithium batteries are very good. They last long , charge quickly and are generally nothing like the POS batteries of the past. These ele tric grease guns are very nice to own. I have the Lincoln unit and can grease a dozen pieces of equipment in about half the time it took in the past with a manually operated unit. For me time is money and a saving of 50 percent time is huge. Very happy to own one of these, sure make daily greasing in the feild much quicker for me and my crew....

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor

Curious---how long did it take you to ''ponder'' in finding a wife?:eek: Something about 3 hands but I don't want Steve getting mad at me.:D

JD955SC

If any of you guys are running the Milwaukee tools that are getting real popular (especially the 3/8 and 1/2 fuel impacts) then they also make a grease gun that takes their batteries. I don't know how well it works, but worth looking into if you are already invested in that battery platform.

Delmer

No electric here, but I sure like the air powered ones. Much cheaper (and more reliable/robust?) than electric.

Of course there's the hose. I'm not a pro and don't have cordless impacts or grinders either.

Sharing the battery platform would take some of the sting out of battery cost, but that battery that was on the grease gun might not be allowed back in the house.

Last edited:

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
'' but that battery that was on the grease gun might not be allowed back in the house.''

Delmer---the grease fittings on your iron get greased,NOT the cordless tool battery!!!!:D