• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hyundai wiring problem

jakesdad

I am looking at purchasing a 1994 Hyundai loader model HL-35 it has good strong engine. tires are fair . But it has a wiring problem the trans wo'nt egage. IT does not move at all. It looks like some of the wiring harnesses have melted.Also the eletrical control box in the cab looks smoked.Does anyone know anything about this machine? And has anyone had this same kind of problem? And does anyone know if wiring harnesses would be available for this machine.It looks like wiring nightmare. Maybe this is one to stay away from.

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
wireing

I just checked the main harness is still in stock and it is about $540 from Hyundai

jakesdad

Today I found a hyundai dealer that I think he knew what he talking about. I priced a wiring harnesses $750 for the main one.But kicker was it has control box for Trans costs $3900. I think I could pickup this machine fairly reasonable. But it scares me what other problems does it with the trans not moving. I can't seem to find anyone that knows anything about this machine.I like the hydraulics,the engine,cab,tires,. Really need some help with this one.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Today I found a hyundai dealer that I think he knew what he talking about. I priced a wiring harnesses $750 for the main one.But kicker was it has control box for Trans costs $3900. I think I could pickup this machine fairly reasonable. But it scares me what other problems does it with the trans not moving. I can't seem to find anyone that knows anything about this machine.I like the hydraulics,the engine,cab,tires,. Really need some help with this one.

IMHO--I'd rather buy a machine with a fried engine for a bargain than one with fried wiring/control boxes. At least with a fried engine, I know what it's going to take to fix it. On the opposite hand...wiring goes everywhere.

jakesdad

Thank you for reply I think your right at least you know what the problem is. With this one what caused the wiring to melt and the control box to smoke .I feel there is a deeper problem.If I knew that this would fix it . I would buy right now. Don't get me wrong it would make one nice machine. For pretty cheap price.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Thank you for reply I think your right at least you know what the problem is. With this one what caused the wiring to melt and the control box to smoke .I feel there is a deeper problem.If I knew that this would fix it . I would buy right now. Don't get me wrong it would make one nice machine. For pretty cheap price.

You're absolutely right, it could very well be a good machine. And, it's possible, it may not take that much to fix it. But with wiring fried here and there; what caused it? How much got fried? What is the extent of the damage. It's a toss up. Unlike a fried motor, you just don't know what it's going to take to fix it. It would have to be a real cheap price for me to think about it.

jakesdad

Does anyone know what kind of trans it would have? I was just thinking of a possibity of doing some hard wiring with some solenoids to egage trans.Maybe something I understand.

krich

I am not sure on this model but some of the early machines came out with a manual override spool system on the opposite side from the solenoids, this allow you to move the machine in the case of a electrical system failure.
Just be careful doing a hotwire on the trans solenoids as these usually run at a reduced or a regulated voltage and applying the incorrect power will burn them out, also if you do a hotwire again Im not sure but you will probably need to to a direction, neutral and speed solenoid to get it moving, good luck

jakesdad

I did some checking in to salvage yards for a wiring harness and control box found nothing. But I did find one in a salvage yard with serial number from the one I was looking at. But guess what it was burnt! This machine has scared me out. I am giving up on this one. If anyone is interested in this machine give me shout.