• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic remote Tee

catfixer

I have a customer with a newer kubota tractor. This tractor has something I've never seen before. The 3 point hitch is run off hoses that plug into the hydraulic remotes. He has a log splitter he runs on the tractor and wants me to see what I can do about making it so that he doesn't have to keep unhooking and hooking up hoses. A second set of remotes for the tractor would be pretty high priced. I'm wondering if there's some kind of tee I could rig up with a valve in the middle so he could just turn 2 valve when he wants to use the splitter or the hitch.

excavator

I realize that you have to think about making things idiot proof but with a cylinder on the log splitter and likely a cylinder being used for the 3 point I seriously doubt that you could blow anything up by having the valves in the wrong position. Being an ag tractor with relatively low pressure hydraulics I would guess that it just wouldn't work. But then, yes, we've all seen people that could break anything. A saying from an old mechanic that has since passed away, "give them a ball bearing and send them out in the woods and they'll be back in 15 minutes with parts."

wrwtexan

Occupation
Indy Farm Wrench, heavy land clearing, rancher
You might want to check Kubota's parts page. The lift should have its own supply routing and a position control which will stroke the valve out when it reaches the desired height. If not, there is no protection against pushing the lift piston out of its bore and possibly breaking the lift cover. Never have I seen in all of my ag tractor repair have I seen anything like this except for older machines with a cobbled together add on lift. If it is plugged into the auxiliary valve outlets, likely someone has screwed something up and rigged it to work. See if it has another lever dedicated for position control.