• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic issues Snorkel TB 60

TFPace

Hello All,

I have a 1992 Snorkel TB60 aerial manlift. I bought this machine several years ago and it has performed fairly well. The machine has a Deutz engine with 7500 hours. And runs great.

I have repacked the main lift cylinder and replaced the hydraulic lines that that rotate and tilt the man basket as well as the cable/hose chain that houses these hoses.
I am having some hydraulic issues mainly with the drive circuit. The hi-low speed on this machine used to really work well. Now it operates only in low. I have talked to Snorkel tech guys in St.Louis and they had me check the voltage on the circuit board on the run/steer joy stick. The voltage was somewhat low and I turned the POT's up and got very little improvement.

The machine surges sometimes when in the hi position. When moving and steering the unit will go a touch faster. Something in really killing the hi speed flow and I obviously and no hydraulics tech. Snorkel says the circuit board on the run/steer j-stick is gone. The surging speed wise makes me question this. I have checked the filter in the hydraulic tank and it's super clean.

This machine has many solenoid valves that control its operation. I am not getting any shift in the hi/low solenoid so this may be a possible area to trouble shoot? Y/N? Bad o-rings in the hi/low valve?

The lift, telescope and rotate circuits on this machine are fine. The weak link is the drive circuit.
I am at a loss as to where to check first. As in hopes there are some seasoned hydraulics guys on this forum.

I have idea how well the pump on this machine is performing. There are two ports on the pump that I guess are for taking pressure readings. Any advice is most welcomed.

Willie59, I hope this is the correct forum to seek advice.

Thanks guys,

Tom