• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Huber warco yea nay or depends

Lowlife

Occupation
Jack of all trades
Yep I'm still around and so is the warco. She built a 1/2 mile driveway. May as well call it a road and did it with few complaints. Cost 30k for materials so far, not 100% finished as we still need to cap it with some number 2 after home construction is done. It built a bridge as well. Total cost would have been almost 100k I am told. Have a total of 2k in grader. Had a leaking blade cylinder.

Any issues were mostly operator oriented. Parts are a thing of the past but luckily I haven't really broke anything. If anything major went, clutch, engine, etc I think I might try to keep the blade/circle, hydraulics etc and try to create a frankengrader. The engine is tired but starts and runs and the operator is slow so 2nd or 3rd gear are ok for the work I do. I overheated the motor and thought, well it was a good run. Let her cool down, fixed the leak and it came back stronger, now hits on all 6 cylinders and I run out of traction before power. Earlier in the year I was blowing smoke and an old farmer came by and said to and I quote " your cylinders are glazed from being to easy on it. Work her hard she'll come back". He was right. I'd do it all over again.

I did download a manual for iirc a 4d it's a military manual and is close enough. If you want an old grader then there is alot of stuff you will need to figure out, but it's not too difficult. There is a manual for my grader on ebay but last time I checked it was like 400.00 but at this point I've figured out most everything I needed to. Parts for the motor......forget about it, most e erything else so far can be figured out.

Attachments

• 20230619_154336.jpg
    20230619_154336.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • 20230619_154134.jpg
    20230619_154134.jpg
    753.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230411_151121.jpg
    20230411_151121.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230414-185334_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230414-185334_Chrome.jpg
    933.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Lowlife

Occupation
Jack of all trades
Had a couple more minutes so I'll add I love repeat love having hydraulic controls, never ran an early cat but from what I hear I love my wrists too much to learn. I have had an issue with the tranny x2. It got stuck in gear and I needed to crawl under and pop the linkage. I also have no brakes, I'm currently working on a very large rotor and caliper to attach to the tranny in place of the drum e brake. It should be OK for what I need it for. Which is private use on private homesteads.
Also my research seemed to point that most warcos came with the screaming Detroit engine. Gotta believe parts may be easier to find. It seems the cummins was an orphan.

Last edited:

Crux

Parts for Detroit series 53, 71, and 92 still easy to find.
Beware Cummins C180...6cyl single head prone to cracking
and Sweitzer supercharger very $ and near unobtainium status