• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How would you get it up there?

diggerman57

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Thanks for the pics. I love seeing stuff like that. But, I know it's hard on the body working at angles like that.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Apology's there Galute the first time I have seen that done,but the pics were grainy and didn't look convincing, there is always someone out there to sharpen a stick for you but do keep the pictures coming Thanks .

decee

BTW. If anyone's interested. Here is a pic of the same hill taken from the top out the door of my dozer taken this morning. And before anyone brings it up, I know it's Sunday, we did have to work today.

BEWARE!!! THE TREES ARE NOT LEVEL!!!!

Trees are plumb.
The ground is level

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
pics!

Great pics Galute.

I saw the start of this thread then missed it for a while. I caught up again with the Kommi at a silly angle and immediately thought sweet Jeez H as he must have slid, a bit suprised that both the dipper ram and windscreen were still intact, lol. Then I started looking properly and spotted the trees, I have to say, great catch, and you sure caught a few, me included for a little while.

Great to see that we can eat humble pie when we need to. :thumbsup

I had the duck shaping a bit of a batter a few weeks back about a 1 in 5 from memory but still thought it would be a good picture op and handed the camera to the labourer to take a few. Waste of time, it looks flat the way he had the camera angled, look at the field in the distance it is suppose to be virtually flat :rolleyes:

plant 18.jpg

Galute

Thanks for the pics. I love seeing stuff like that. But, I know it's hard on the body working at angles like that.

Man you sure got that right. Especially sitting at those angles then trying to twist around and keep an eye out the back window to watch the guy below me. I keep my chiropractor's home phone number on speed dial. LOL :)

Galute

Apology's there Galute the first time I have seen that done,but the pics were grainy and didn't look convincing, there is always someone out there to sharpen a stick for you but do keep the pictures coming Thanks .

No problem. I just assumed that most operators had either done that or seen it done before, it really never occured to me that there were so many that hadn't. Glad you enjoyed the pics. :drinkup

gumper

Here's a couple pics of a job I've been working at a local ski area here in NJ. The slope was thin dirt over ledge and when I started down it, I slid a good 85 ft or so....don't want to do that again.:pointhead

Attachments

• HV Top.jpg
    HV Top.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,051
  • HV Excavator Skiing.jpg
    HV Excavator Skiing.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,061
  • HV Bottom.jpg
    HV Bottom.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,061

Galute

Great pics Galute.

I saw the start of this thread then missed it for a while. I caught up again with the Kommi at a silly angle and immediately thought sweet Jeez H as he must have slid, a bit suprised that both the dipper ram and windscreen were still intact, lol. Then I started looking properly and spotted the trees, I have to say, great catch, and you sure caught a few, me included for a little while.

Great to see that we can eat humble pie when we need to. :thumbsup

I had the duck shaping a bit of a batter a few weeks back about a 1 in 5 from memory but still thought it would be a good picture op and handed the camera to the labourer to take a few. Waste of time, it looks flat the way he had the camera angled, look at the field in the distance it is suppose to be virtually flat :rolleyes:

View attachment 52100

Nice pic. Don't be too hard on the labourer over the pics. It is hard to make true slopes show up in pics. I realized this after the tree pic fiasco. LOL. I called a photographer buddy of mine and asked how to take good pics of a slope like that. He just said good luck with it, it's like trying to capture speed with a still pic. :)

Galute

Looks like the rest of this job is gonna be boring. No more real slopes to deal with, just rolling hills.

I'm doing final clean up now. This is what it looks like in front of me. Man those hoe operators can make a mess of things. LOL

pic 1.jpg

This is what it looks like behind me.

pic 4.jpg

This is a mudhole that I cleaned up yesterday.

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Galute, you said earlier that they chip the trees, do they come after the ROW is cleaned up with a chipper? Interesting thread and pics.:drinkup

Galute

Galute, you said earlier that they chip the trees, do they come after the ROW is cleaned up with a chipper? Interesting thread and pics.:drinkup

It depends on the job. That land belongs to a paper company. They like to have the chips spread across the ROW to use for erosion control so we clean it up first. Next week sometime we will be back on private property and those particular owners want the trees burned, buried and grass planted so in that case we get rid of the trees before clean up. It's the land owners call as to chip or burn.

We are shut down till Monday. They let us off today so all the out of state guys can make it home for Thanksgiving. Now what am I supposed to do with 5 days off? :) Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :drinkup

I AM IRONMAN

Occupation
Sales & Consultant Rep.
Great Pic's Galute!
While you have all that time off, why not post some more pictures?
I work with quite a few contractors putting in poly pipe, it's fun watching, I'll post some of them putting it in. Not in terrain as steep as what your in, but some of it gets that way.
How are those Deere dozers in the steep stuff?

I AM IRONMAN

Occupation
Sales & Consultant Rep.
Pipeline pic's

Here's some pictures of the guys putting in some poly pipe, not real steep, but sometimes it gets that way.
One of the pictures looks steep.........but the trees are kind of sideways too!
LOL, not my best photography!

In this location, they had to thread the poly under a steel gas line, then pull it about 200 feet to fuse it. Went like clockwork!

Attachments

• Aug - Sept. Oct. 2007 237.jpg
    Aug - Sept. Oct. 2007 237.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,211
  • Aug - Sept. Oct. 2007 244.jpg
    Aug - Sept. Oct. 2007 244.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,214
  • Aug - Sept. Oct. 2007 251.jpg
    Aug - Sept. Oct. 2007 251.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,201
  • Aug - Sept. Oct. 2007 252.jpg
    Aug - Sept. Oct. 2007 252.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Aug - Sept. Oct. 2007 258.jpg
    Aug - Sept. Oct. 2007 258.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,224
Last edited:

Galute

Great Pic's Galute!
While you have all that time off, why not post some more pictures?
I work with quite a few contractors putting in poly pipe, it's fun watching, I'll post some of them putting it in. Not in terrain as steep as what your in, but some of it gets that way.
How are those Deere dozers in the steep stuff?

Hi IRONMAN. Cool pics. The Deere dozers are great on the steep stuff and about anywhere else. LOL. I really miss that 750J but then again, I'm just partial to Deere's and would swap that D51 back for the 750 in a heartbeat. Unfortunately that's not my call. The D51 will climb better and seems to be more stable on side slopes tho. Just a sign of the times I guess. Lot's of company's trying to save a buck however they can to cut cost to lower bids and keep working so Komatsu it is. I aint complaining tho, the D51 is a nice tractor and I'm staying busy. Could be much worse.

This pic goes with the cabling pics. It's the hoe working to get us up the hill the first time and remove the trees as he goes. He had a hard time at first as it was very muddy and he couldnt get a bite to pull or push. He finally got it going his way and up we went. He had to pull me up on the 61 the first time as there was no way it would climb it. After we got to the top I winched up the 750 and we lowered the hoe back down so he could dig off the mud. The tracks on the right side of the pics is where I tried to climb it with the dozer. Wasn't gonna happen. LOL Sorry for all the hoe pics, but when you're surrounded by mostly hoe's :beatsme :drinkup

hoe.jpg

This picture gives you a better idea of how steep the hill is. It's hard to make degree of slope show up in pictures. This is the same spot the hoe is sitting in the above picture taken from above where he is sitting in the first pic.

hoe 2.jpg

Last edited:

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Is that an excavator nest you found in that valley! I wondered where they came from.

Great pics :drinkup