• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

how to wire hour meter on D4D

texaschad25

I recently took the dash cowling off of my newly aquired D4D in order to install a new temperature gauge. I quickly noticed that the hour meter wires had been cut off at the gauge. Actually, the wires are not even there anymore. Since the starter switch is basically just a starter and fuel heater switch, what do I need to wire this hour meter to? Thanks.
Chad

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Usually there is a pressure switch on the engine that turns the meter on when there is oil pressure. One wire from a fuse in dash down to pressure switch one wire back to meter and the other side of the meter grounded. With actual serial number of machine it might be possible to find a wiring diagram on SIS