• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to hook up dozer hydraulic lines to a Bobcat skid steer??

swampdog

Just bought a HLT 86 inch dozer for the Bobcat skid steer. The HLT dozer is new - came in the metal crate. It has two hydraulic lines, both of which have male quick connect fittings - no female fitting. Is this an assembly error at the factory? Should one line have a female fitting? The Bobcat only has one female fitting - what to do with the other line???

Thanks for any help.

lumberjack

One should be male and one female. Did you buy it new for your machine? If so, I assume there's an error. If you bought it second hand, it's possible they configured it for another machine.

Is it just an angle blade or angle and tilt?

swampdog

It's an angle blade without tilt. I had another look at it and two two male fittings aren't the right style either for the Bobcat female on the machine. The male fittings have a round protruding ball-like center piece instead of the flat center piece needed for a Bobcat. Markings on the wrong male fittings are: LSQ-S4-04PF 1/2 BSP. Not sure what that would fit - maybe some non-Bobcat machine or a tractor? The dozer unit does have the correct skid steer quick attach mounting plate, so this is meant for a skid steer it seems.

swampdog

Here are pictures - the first picture is of the fittings that came with the dozer blade. The second picture is of the type of fitting that would fit into the Bobcat quick connects.

Still wondering whybobcat 2.jpgbobcat 1.jpg the dozer would have come with the wrong fittings??

crewchief888

very seldom i've found an aftermarket attachment that had the correct fittings on it...

:drinkup

Jonas302

The fittings on your blade are pioneer type fittings they are on a zillion pieces of equipment the blade would fit right on my new holland exactly how it is the ones you need are flat face that is a newer style and considerably more expensive

bobcan

The fittings on your blade are pioneer type fittings they are on a zillion pieces of equipment the blade would fit right on my new holland exactly how it is the ones you need are flat face that is a newer style and considerably more expensive

Exactly TRUE, and why they are like 'Batteries once were in Electronics' and May Not Be Included _ That being said, as a Canadian, I can tell you to go to the local (if you have) Princess Auto Ltd. and look for them as 'Stucchi' flat-faced connectors.. mate with machine just perfectly for anything I have used, well made (seemingly) and often On Sale for half what other sellers want around here.. Likely get for $50/set you will need, I suspect.. and if you can wait/ want to stock up, I think were $35/set last I got.. Good Luck!!

http://www.princessauto.com/en/search?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=Stucchi+Flat+

swampdog

Thanks for the explanations. We do have a Princess Auto and a Bobcat dealer a couple of hours away. Tried NAPA - they said that they don't have these fittings.

Another question for when I get the correct flat face fittings. Since both fittings on the dozer at the present time are the same, does that mean that it does not matter which line one hooks to the supply line and to the return line on the skid steer? I'm thinking that it does not matter, but could be wrong. One line on the dozer goes to the rear of the ram cylinder and the other line goes to the end of the ram cylinder nearest the ram.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Makes no difference with the blade, only with your preference of operating the thumb switch. Push the switch to make it go left, or push the switch to make it go right, whichever way it seems logical in your own mind to operate, fit up the male/female couplers on the hoses to accommodate your preference. :)