• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to Clear Codes on T190 plus noise question

calialx1

Hello all,

(long read---cliffs at the bottom)

I have a T190 that i recently purchased, first of all let me say that this is my first track-driven skidsteer. I love how well it grabs in the sand and mud, and its a dream for grading.

A few days ago I was riping out some bushes with my grapple bucket when the machined locked up on me followed by the battery indicator illuminating. This was a surprise since it had a new battery. Immediately I though to check the fuses and sure enough the alternator/back up warning fuse went out (why are they on the same circuit?) I jumped it finished the job and went home. Once at home I took a close look at the switches that signal the back up warning and they seams to be rubbing against the travel control levers causing a short. So i adjusted them to clear the levers and replaced them with new ones. No more shorting.

My new problem is that this issue caused the service indicator(as well as the annoying beeps) to come up when I start the machine. I hold the light button for the code but It gives me none. I tried disconnecting the battery to clear the computer but no luck.

How do I get rid of the service indicator (ser)?

Also I noticed I get more whine out of the hydraulic pump than my S185 when under load, is this normal for a track skid steer?

Cliffs:

SER service light on when I start up, how do I clear it?

Are Track skidsteers louder under load than wheel skidsteers?

The T190 is a 2003 with 1800hrs

Last edited: