• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to check the hydraulic oil level?

SnoSheriff

I have a stupid question about measuring the hydraulic oil level. My Mustang 2054 owners manual states to push the hydraulic oil dip stick until it stops. I notice that I can push this dip stick into the filler tube deeper than I can reach to retrieve it with my fingers. What am I missing here? Any thoughts on how this should be done? I have attached pics of the filler tube and dip stick...

Attachments

• IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2040.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,641
  • IMG_2043.jpg
    IMG_2043.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,313
  • IMG_2045.jpg
    IMG_2045.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,203

SnoSheriff

I was trying to grab the end of the dipstick with 2 fingers :Banghead. I simply pushed in the dipstick and got it out with my forefinger in a scooping upward motion

Indians1

I wish I could help. I just bought a 1992 940 and have no idea how to check the hyd. fluid. I remove the cap and see no dipstick at all, and can't see a sight guage anywhere either. Does anyone know if there's supossed to be a hydraulic dipstick on a 940?

campo96

hey i have a 940 and i looked and looked for a dipstick or sightglass for hours and then found in the part manual that there is ment to be a dipstick inside the hydraulic header tank if anyone would no that distance from the high to low and to the end of the dipstick and were it measure from i would be able to make one thanks in advance