• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How To Add Auxiliary Hydraulics to 955L?

rnexus

I'd like to put a custom grapple on my 955L 85J7889. Any suggestions where I should plumb in / how I should do this? I've done this before on my Deere Loader backhoe, but I'm not really familiar with the hydraulics on this 955L.

hseII

I'd like to put a custom grapple on my 955L 85J7889. Any suggestions where I should plumb in / how I should do this? I've done this before on my Deere Loader backhoe, but I'm not really familiar with the hydraulics on this 955L.
I would look for the same series 955L in a parts tractor that has a 4-N-1 on it & buy the whole tractor. Swap all the 4-N-1 stuff over to your machine & figure out how you will mount the grapple.

rnexus

That's a really good idea. Definitely the smartest if possible. Will have to wait until I move in a couple of years, but it will be great to have a parts 955 also...just in case.

Thanks for the replies everybody.