• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How old is your truck?Pics please!!

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
what...you mean this old thing?

its our dump trailer/lowboy/tanker trailer hauler

this is the only picture i have of it..i can try to get more if you so please...i don't drive this truck at all (they save it for the "real" truck driver)

Attachments

• 7-29-08 001.jpg
    7-29-08 001.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,664

Raildudes dad

Raildudes Dad: Where's the PICS? I worked for a company that gave me a LTL9000 equipment hauler to haul a backhoe around from job to job. It had a CAT motor (don't know how many hp) and a 15 speed, it was great! That thing would climb any hill around with the backhoe on it like it was on flat ground. The 15 speed freaked me out with 4th-5th gear placement being backwards. The rest of the truck was junk but I still loved to drive it.

I don't have any pics of my own yet, my new baby is sitting behind a friends garage with over a foot of snow on it:(. You can see it in the Equipment For sale section 2nd page https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=7939.

Axman

Nice!!!:thumbsup Did you buy the trailer also? There are times when I wish I had a set up like that! Let's face it....I just want one of everything:bouncegri

Raildudes dad

Nice!!!:thumbsup Did you buy the trailer also? There are times when I wish I had a set up like that! Let's face it....I just want one of everything:bouncegri

Yup, bought both. It has a pintle hook, hitch receiver, electric & air to the rear of the frame and a wet kit. The beavertail and ramps are easy to use for what I want it for. The tractor has very little rust. I've been window shopping for about 10 years, really didn't need it yet for what I want it for but.......

Axman

That's a nice truck!!! I don't know if I could ever get rid of the old Pete but someday it would be nice to get something with a little more of the comfort items. Have you used the heated bed? I Have often wondered if that's something that I would like to have. It's just one of those things that you don't use all the time but when you need it, you need it.

nedly05

Thanks, as much as we mulled it over and were hesitant to spend the money on a nice tandem, this one had been a good investment!!The heated bed is great, there is a "selector box" in the exhaust pipe that makes it really easy to switch it over, I have had it heated now for about 6 weeks, its wild when you dump and its real cold, the pile steams and its nice and warm to the touch!

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
here you go Axman...went to the shop to snap some pics just for you

Attachments

• 12-14-08 001.jpg
    12-14-08 001.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,654
  • 12-14-08 002.jpg
    12-14-08 002.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,658

Serv

I just bought this 1999 volvo from a local used truck dealer. It's a former AAA Cooper truck. Very tight truck for having 935k miles on the chassis and it looks almost like a new truck. So far we are getting 6.5 mpg and it's powered by an 11.1 detroit that was reported to be overhauled within the last 100k or so. We are running the volvo about 1500 miles a week.

My (dirty) 2003 mack is in the background and it barely gets 5 mpg with the 427 horse E7. The mack cost me more than twice what the Volvo did about a year ago.

I think I may stick to these volvos from now on. We only gross around 60k pounds so I think the 11.1 in the volvo will be fine.

Attachments

• IMAGE_413.jpg
    IMAGE_413.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,479

30 dirty years

Occupation
Jak of all trades
These old fords just keep on truckin'

Attachments

• 86fordleft.jpg
    86fordleft.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,476
Last edited:

Serv

Hey Serv,
It appears your Volvo has..."gone to the dogs"! :D

That brown one is lucky to be alive for the same reason pictured. :D Sometimes he just won't move out of the way no matter what. I thought he would have learned after the 5 or so years I've had him. :beatsme