• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How many electrical issues did I find on this Ingersol Rand SD100D?

Tim Burke

I just skin off a piece of 10-14 ga. stranded and pull a strand for every 2-3 amps I need ;)
So another AF story. Had a guy working a high voltage power supply that was blowing input power fuses. He knew one of the three filter caps was bad, but didn’t want to unsolder each one to figure it out. So, he stuffed 3 paper clips in the fuse holders, lit a smoke, turned it on and walked across the shop. Shortly thereafter, one of the caps exploded. They were about 2”x2” phenolic encapsulated cubes. It sounded like a shotgun. The shop chief about crapped his pants and inadvertently threw cup of coffee all over the place. The guy who did it walked over and calmly said, “found the bad one.”

TZtrevor

View attachment 198851
There were 5 relays in the relay panel, the machine only requires 5...…...so whats the problem? Ingersol's especially also use DIODE blocks. They look the same as a 5 spade relay but they work very differently. Using relays in place of diode blocks sends power where it isn't supposed to be and can cause wiring shorts and burns. I posted this pic to show you what they look like in comparison. Left one is the relay, the right is the DIODE block. 2 relays were removed and the diode blocks went in there place.
Do you know where you can get these diode blocks??

Garner

Hey Vetech63,
Would you take a look at "bulldog stone tr34r runs then dies?" It's right underneath your post. You seem to have a wealth of electrical knowledge! Nobody else seems to have any idea how to diagnose or repair this machine. I'd love to hear any suggestions you may have!
Thanks, Garner