• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How do I get this Hydraulic ram out?

Cavalier, Condor 46

Has a ram to pivot the bucket to make level. It had a tiny drip that turned into a heavy leak where the rod exits the cylinder.

I am looking at the Ram mounting points from the outside, and I am unsure how to disengage the ram so I can get it repaired.

There appears to be two solid crossmember tubes. The smaller one toward the end has nothing near it so I assume press fit. The larger back round bar has a 1/4" set screw at the bottom of each side, but after taking them out, I don't see how they release anything.

The white bucket is to catch all the ATF leaking out of the boom.

Before I start trying to tap these out, any suggestions?

Attachments

• 102_1966.jpg
    102_1966.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 123
  • 102_1965.jpg
    102_1965.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 102_1964.jpg
    102_1964.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 128

Schematic of the RAM.

The Rusty looking round bar is what I believe to be the base anchoring point of the ram. The other end attaches to the bottom of the bucket.

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 112

looking thru the holes with a flashlight, the larger round bar with the set screws is not supporting the Ram in question. It is the smaller round bar closer to the aluminum plate in the pictures.

The plate is not covering up any access openings. There is the small opening on top where I can see a 3/4" nut on a post with a hex socket.

The leak is where the rod exits the part #3 in the schematic above.

I saw this schematic and went and rechecked. The pin on my machine with the set screw is the anchor for the ram that goes toward the turret, the boom extension Ram.

The pin that anchors the Bucket leveling ram does not have a set screw. Do I just tap it out to remove the Ram?

Attachments

• Ram%202.jpg
    Ram%202.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 108