• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How Did You Find Us?

brwesi

Occupation
Industrial Contractor, president
I am a newbie, this is my first post. I found the site thru a search on small dozers. The info I read here was intelligent and there was a ton of knowledge being shared. After hours on this site, I scraped the dozer idea and bought a mini excavator.

CatKC

Found this site after looking . . . and looking. . . . and looking . . . . for information on diagnosing a Cat 312B that wouldn't go into Rabbit travel speed.
This seems to be the only place where you can get any knowledgeable assistance on Cats.
I -really- appreciated the information I received. It saved me hundred$ by -not- getting something done that would not have fixed the problem.
I hope I can return the favor in the future.

crharms

I found this site when I was searching for my first skid steer. I was pretty sure I wanted a Case 1845C and so when I was searching for information on them I noticed there were a lot of forums on this site reviewing them and I kind of got hooked from there. I read a bunch of the other forums on here and thought this group sounded like a lot of the guys I could identify with. I don't post a lot but the little bit that I have, you guys have had answers for me.

Old Tow

Occupation
Cowboy by choice - Preacher by calling !
I found this site through a search on Google, and I am sure thankful I did !!

Rick

DirtyHands

Occupation
NDE Analyst Nuclear Power Field
Info treasure

I found it through GOOGLE researching Cat 416C transmission problems. Love this site....lots of info. Knowledge IS Power!!!

thrashingcows

Again with the google searching. Just bought an older 1845C Uni-loader and have been hunting for info and parts. Seems like a lot of great info, and people here.

Kater

Occupation
Retired (computer teacher and marketing/advertisin
I think I was in general googling skid loaders for information so I found you from a search.

Last edited:

krn72386

We've had a recent influx of new members, I'm curious how everyone is finding out about us. Just jot down a reply whether you're a new or old member on how you learned about our site so I can focus on where to apply resources for expanding our membership.

Remember, the more members we have, the greater our pool of information will be!! Thanks everyone!!
I just googled excavator forums and yours was the first to pop up.

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Was looking downsize undercarriage shop and unload some used equipment. Did not have much luck so wife poked around different sites and found this site. Signed up and replied to some post,but trying to figure it all so I follow all the rules. Wish I knew about this site a long time ago,really enjoy. A tad bit Addictive! Again, any help on navigating site so as to not anger anyone and follow rules would be appreciated. Dale@ pa track

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Again, any help on navigating site so as to not anger anyone and follow rules would be appreciated.

We're pretty easy to get along with.

If you have something to sell, and you own it, putting it in our For Sale section is fine. Steve's background is as a small businessman. If you're a little guy, we're happy to help out. Bigger operations that have PR and advertising budgets to sell their goods or services don't need HEF to offer them a free ride.

Spammers, who join strictly to post links promoting stuff, particularly those that have little or nothing to do with heavy equipment, are shown the door. There's some latitude in the rulebook to allow us to judge whether a one-off post of something industry related is acceptable or not. Like eating potato chips though, most spammers can't seem to stop at just one. :rolleyes:

Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums. :)

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Digger242j If I try to respond to people looking for stuff, it tells I do not have privileges to respond. I have posted 6-7 times on forum but then realized I was looking at old post not new ones. Any help

Scratcher

Google . Hi everyone. Yep googled case 580e brakes... and here I am. I have an oldie haven't looked into it to far yet (hasn't been delivered). Informed SFA brakes , and uses equal quantities of hydraulic oil and diesel. I am sure to be prodding the brains trust on here, as well as replacing many seals .

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Scratcher!

rwoody

Occupation
Heavy Repair/Sales/Military Surplus
Been working for years on all equipment and retiring from army in 2 mths and will keep on the trail of repair but mostly run the front of the house.

thanks fora great forum