• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How Did You Find Us?

whiteman

I began searching for a good heavy equipment forum to learn about the machine I should not have bought...

I was refered to this site by a member on the pirate4x4.com/forum

diane49

I found it when searching Hitachi/Sumotomo. By the way, just wondering if you know whether Hitachi and Sumotomo are the same.

stondad

Occupation
Truck Driver
Oh good! Another Aussie.
If you ask your question in the the Excavator section, you might get a really well informed reply.
All I can tell you is that anything is possible with buy-outs and take-overs in the machinery world. What I do know is that in Japan, manufacturers often sell their superseded technology to competitors so you may well see a newer Sumitomo that looks like an older Hitachi under the engine cover.
Sumitomo were first sold in Aus. as Sumitomo-Linkbelt when Kato were top of the tree in excavators, obviously using the tie up between the two companies and the well respected American name to give credability to an unknown Japanese name. Surprisingly, before long Sumitomo were using what was then a very advanced variable displacement pump group of German design.
In the early eighties, Mitsubishi and Komatsu had the most advanced circuits and were the first to use "logic elements".
Cat finally realised that they couldn't build an excavator to save their lives, so they bought the Mitsubishi designs and rights (I'm not sure about the factories) and Mitsubishi excavators were no longer sold, while Cat magically became very good!

jpz 123

I found you by accident under Bing "Komatsu final drives" looking for repair/testing information finding new parts and you. Thank you.

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
Don't remember how I found it, but sure glad I did!!! More info and nicer people than I have ever encountered on the web. I tell everybody I talk to about HEF. I can't thank the guys that are willing to answer questions enough.:notworthy

DO-MOR FAN

I found the threads by searching information for a loader I was looking to buy. Found some information on this rare model. I bought the loader/backhoe 70s Do-Mor 707. Got it for a steel but needs a little work so hoping this forum will be able to help me out on some questions as i am new to heavy equipment.

kgman

I found HEF while looking for information regarding my Allis Chalmers TL-14 on Google. It took me to the year-old forum, which showed me that others were finding solutions to the same issues I'm having. Now I have to reach those folks and get them to pass along the info!

deltl1ks

Found ya while researching pro's and con's of buying a case 580B backhoe. Found some good information on here and though while it's a crap shoot but I took the chance and bought the "B" and I'm hoping it works out well. My biggest challenge is I don't know much about tractors or wrenching on one.

petewary

I was just searching for specs for my Trojan 124 on the Google search site and happened on a link to the forum.And I'm glad I joined

Canadian_Deere

Occupation
Driver/Operator/Mechanic
I was Researching a Hard starting when cold during the summer issue on a 90 dresser loader. Found some good info on the loader but now it starts fine even bellow 0 go figure...

wosama931b

Occupation
Real Estate Broker/ Ret.
I think i was looking for Cat stuff on the net, and iam glad, best thing to do when not working, and good advice. wosama

ibleedyellow

Occupation
sales
found this site through google looking up a customers issue with one of his machines, glad i found this Forum, have always loved using forums to learn more about my hobbies and interests.