• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How Did You Find Us?

Occupation
General Contractor/RMO/Equipment Owner-Op
I did a search on Google for "grade checker" or something like that and caught a link in there to you.

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
I found this forum while doing a search on our 31,000 Manitowoc that's being load tested at the factory in Wisconsin. I am fortunate enough to work for the company that bought this beast, and will be spending some up close and personal time with it in the very near future. So I'm a HEF newbie as of today and have enjoyed the comments I've read on the 31,000 so far.

Dbill21

Hi new to the Heavy Equipment page. I found you guys by doing a Google search. I just purchased a 580 CK with extenda- hoe. Trying to figure out what year it is and came across these pages, But I have yet to see any pics of my hoe on here. Also I found only one serial number on the side of the trans it is 83759 A. If any one could point me in the right direction of a owners/repair manual it would be great. Not trying to hijack this thread just could not find anything out about the 580Ck. I am from Northern Mi and bought the hoe to work on my dock and dig the water line for my garage. Thanks Dallas

Rockpile

Occupation
Furniture Maker
"First Resource" for most questions and problems

I was in the process of deciding on a dozer to buy. Google research on the basics.... clutches, brakes, motors, transmissions, parts, performance, cost, reliability ..... ALWAYS had a HE Forums post on the first or second page. In a weeks searching, I am sure that I read 150 - 200+ posts. I found a huge pool of resources and connections/links to aftermarket suppliers for parts and manuals for the old equipment that was within my budget.
Thanks to all who assist and advise us who are HE owners by chance and not by first choice.

MikeMcDigg

I'm a noob here and been searching around this great site with my a.m. coffee.
I have a question I'd like to ask, but my account doesn't have sufficient privileges. What is required to be able to post new threads? I hate to hijack 1 to ask my question.

MikeMcDigg

I think I found my answer re. replying to existing threads 3 times. If that's the case I should be good to go.
Guess I'll go try.

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
I googled our Manitowoc 31,000 crawler crane, that is on the test pad at the Manitowoc Factory in Wisconsin, and saw some comments and a lot of questions about it from members from this forum, so I signed on for some back and forth about cranes. I wished there was more activity on the crane section here! I'm ate up with it.

brushmaster90

Occupation
independnt tractor operator
I was just researching equitment and found a thread on here. I must say Ime on bedrest(ok i sneek out every now and then but the fiance still wont let me work) and ive spent hours at a time on this site. It has made my stay at home much more enjoyable.

akpolaris

I was looking for information on rebuilding some grousers for a friend, never did it before, and here is where I found the best info

OMB

I think I found HEF when I did an internet search for troubleshooting an equipment tranny problem, after drawing a bit of info from you guys I signed on to give back with some of my insight/experience. The ability to tap into the vast pool of knowledge is worth far more than the price of admission!

Phill

Occupation
land Survey Assistant
i found HEF thru Hankstruckpictures.com, they llinked the pacific truck thread in the forestry section many months ago, i amglad to have found this site, there is alot of info to take in :)

dlotus205

I found this forum on Google and I'm not hesistant to join. There're many useful infos and interesting topics.

renaud

Hi!!
One evening, being a bit bored, i typed "Kelly ripper" on the computer, just curious to find out a bit more about these amazing devices and after seeing all kind of more or less related stuff on the net, i ended up on this site, on a thread where someone was asking if Kelly ripper were still being manufactured.Then, i started to brwose the whole site but mostly looking for thread about older machines.
Lots of interresting information and many knowledgeables peoples around here.Great forum, thanks.
Max.