• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How Did You Find Us?

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums AK20! :drinkup

Cat_Yellow

Did a Google search looking for something...don't remember what...and came across this site. Visited for a couple of months before joining. Very impressed with the "community" here. Everyone is always willing to help and the site has a very positive attitude. Great job moderators!!!:)

Cat_Yellow

Steve,
Spent most of that time reading the various threads. Lots of good info. In hindsight, should have joined sooner.

Rockbreaker

Checking in from Norway

Hi Steve.

Very impressed by this forum and the layout:notworthy
Fun too see at people from all over the world who loves machines can
communicate at this great site.
I found a link too it at Facebook.:cool2

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Rockbreaker! :drinkup

METCO

Occupation
self employed
I found this site from a post on plowsite. It is a Wealth of information. I enjoy all types of equipment , from the 20's to the present. My wife and I have a small excavating and trucking company based in Hershey,Pa. I work mostly in York,Pa. . We do all sorts of work from land clearing, boulder wall construction to finish grading.
Our equipment includes:
JD160CLC excavator with rockland manual thumb
JD490e excavator with rockland thumb
2-JD310SG backhoes
Takuechi 140CTL with mower,grapple rake,broom and various other attachments
NH665 skidloader
plus various trucks and support equipment

blacksmith

Occupation
blacksmith
I just bought a 1986 Case Construction King Backhoe here in the UK - not so many around (many more JCB's) and am having some difficulty getting information but found this forum through Googling my machine and hey presto.

All the support here looks great and am looking forward to posting more when I can get past my 'newbi' status. :)

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums blacksmith! :drinkup

Colin Doy

I googled "heavy equipment" back in December to look for some info....found this site. People are so friendly on this site and are willing to give information to anybody that wants it. Don't stop!:)

Buddy

Occupation
Equipment mechanic (Retired)
Hi Steve
I found this site while looking around the web this COLD morning. I am a collector/mechanic on older construction equipment.

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Buddy! :drinkup

BIGGGDOZZER

Occupation
county operator
Hello .i was thumbing thru some equipment stuff and saw this, how cool,i work for the county and run case 931 and 200 jd excavator or whatever need done that day,thanks for having me,tim

Last edited by a moderator:

sugarbritches

I had answered a forum on indeed.com and a gentlemen from this website responded to me and directed me here. I am looking for a start in the industry. I currently work for a construction company, originally they told me that I could learn how to run any piece of equipment that I wanted. Now they tell me no because I am a female and they don't let women run their equipment because they are "old fashioned" about that. I flag and labor for them and they don't mind me shoveling down in a hole like a man, but operating is out of the question. Looking for help.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Now they tell me no because I am a female and they don't let women run their equipment because they are "old fashioned" about that.

If they told you that, in so many words, they're not only old fashioned, they're STUPID. We have laws against that stuff these days...

BTW, welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!