• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How can I use Bobcat 900 series attachments on a Bobcat S300?

swampdog

Does anyone know of a good way to use the older Bobcat 900 series (from a Bobcat 953) on the newer Bobcats, like an S300? The older attachments are quick attach too, but the mounting points are farther apart, both vertically and horizontally.

I could modify the attachments by cutting and welding new attachment points, but then I could not use the attachments on the 953.

Maybe someone makes an adapter plate for this? If so, I haven't been able to find one. Or I could fabricate an adapter plate of my own design. Any help appreciated.

TriHonu

You could fab an adapter similar to the adapter Bobcat made for lowering the bucket when you use tracks on a wheeled machine.

BobcatBucketAdapterTracks.jpg

TriHonu

I don't have a picture of the front. In your situation, the front side would need to be the same dimensions as the the Bob-Tach plate on your 953.

I have never seen the dimensions of 900 series attachment plate published any where. It shouldn't be difficult to measure what you have and replicate it.

You don't have to get fancy with the pin mechanisms. As you can see in the picture above, Bobcat used a threaded stud and nut to lock the pins in the latched position. This is far more simple than the spring loaded lever assembly on a standard Bob-tach. You could even simplify it more and get rid of the machining on the pins and end of the threaded stud. You could weld a piece of ready rod on the end of the latching pin and achieve the same functionality.

The current Bob-Tach dimensions are published in Universal-attachment-mount-specification-sae_j2513.pdf

Last edited: