• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hough H 60

PAS

Hello everyone,
Just purchased Hough h60 for my snow operations, I been diagnosing a air over hydro. brake issue brakes were not working when purchased. The compressor is pumping. We ran air though and found a valve issue. We ran air though the other tank and found the master cyl and booster leaking air bad. Pretty sure going to need foot pedal. Does anyone know where I can get parts without the parts guy crying that's its a old machine and the salesmen calling me the following day about a newer one. I don't know what motor is but it is a strong IHC. I have a 1989 dresser 530 cummins and the Hough h60 appear to be similar in someways. I'm pleased with it's performance and should get small investment back quickly. Any knowledge and wisdom will be appreciated.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I'm not familiar with the heavy equipment dealers in Geneva but if you took the valve to PBS Brake in Syracuse Bobby would be able to match it up for sure.

Then again any good heavy truck parts house should be able to do that also, just don't tell them what it's off;) That would confuse some of the younger guys that might work there!

If I had to guess with out seeing it I would expect it to be a Bendix E-2 foot valve.

Bendix E-2.png

That is assuming by foot peddle you were meaning the valve part.

Dresser is just a newer name for the Hough machines who have since been taken over by Komatsu.

Last edited:

PAS

Yes the foot pedal valve. Syracuse is a short ride. I will contact Bobby at PBS. Do you think Bobby would have the master cyl and booster? Thank You your advise was very help full

kshansen

Occupation
They might not have one on the shelf but may be able to either get one or send yours out to be rebuilt.

lantraxco

Air over hydraulic units are pretty plain vanilla, your local vendor will probably have one that doesn't look like the old one but will work as good or better.

PAS

Thank You for always being eager to help. Now that I think I'm clear on the air issue from the above posts. Would you happen to know what inline 6 IHC diesel is in this loader? Would it be to early to be a dt466

kshansen

Occupation
Thank You for always being eager to help. Now that I think I'm clear on the air issue from the above posts. Would you happen to know what inline 6 IHC diesel is in this loader? Would it be to early to be a dt466

Perhaps you could post a picture or two to help identify the model?

PAS

Hello, I need a carrier baring Hough H60 or maybe the whole front shaft. The komatsu dealer states there should be a tag to find out if it is a h60 A through h. He claims it will be marked on the machine were it articulates H60abc etc. I see nothing. I would think the s/n would tell what letter it is. He sounded like he wanted to help me about is much as I would want to be in the rain. It has a approval #CALJE R-14c. Would you think it's h60c. Thanks