• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hough 930

soapstoneguy

Guy has one of these for sale although not sure they made a 930...Never had any experience with them but looks to be in good shape. Has an international turbo diesel. Are these good machines and are they easy to find parts for? Looks identical to a cat, wonder if parts would be similar or interchangeable..

Thanks!

Welder Dave

Can you post a pic. or 2. Never heard of a Hough 930 but generally Hough were good loaders. Parts might be a little hard to find though.

Welder Dave

I was thinking of what Hough/IH loader was close and forgot about the 530. They were were pretty common and good loaders too.

FWD

530 IH loader replaced a Hough 65 loader. The 530 is more the size of a 950 Cat. Around 1982 when Dresser bought IH construction, everything became Dresser with initially no change to the machines.
FWD

soapstoneguy

Nice looking little machine. Sounds like they were good machines. I just wonder how difficult it would be to get parts although if International made the engine it might be easy for that...the pump maybe a little more difficult but maybe not...?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Well that answers on thing the S/N tag says it an H80 B

No idea how or why someone is calling it a 930!

Cliffy

How do you pronounce Hough. My old man had one in the late 80’s and we always called it a “hough”. But most pronounce it “huff”.
I think it was a word play on huff and puff. But interested what others think.
Ours was a rear axle steer with a cabin. Was also addicted to areostart. Old man liked his.

Cliffy

Aerostart i mean. Also called start ya b*****d.

Attachments

• IMG_3736.jpeg
    IMG_3736.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 3

Welder Dave

I think there was a thread on an H80B that someone on the forum bought and was fixing up a few years ago. It's bigger than a 530 but a little older.

oarwhat

The old Houghs were good machines. Very very hard to get parts to get parts 20 years ago. Almost impossible now. We had a guy that specialized in Hough parts. He gave up on them about 15 years ago.