• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hoover Dam Bypass pics

Dozerwrench

water levels

Quite a project . The water behind dam , Lake Mead is currently about 80 feet below the normal level . Due to drier conditions up stream and also increased water consuption from lake itself , water levels are on a downward trend that started 10 years ago. Last time it was this low was in 1966 when upstream dam was built and was filling to form Lake Powell .

mtb345

Occupation
heavey equipment operator
after spending 14 billion on a ditch that doesnt work in boston i was begining to lose hope after viewing that bridge i am reassured we can build things great

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
after spending 14 billion on a ditch that doesnt work in boston i was begining to lose hope after viewing that bridge i am reassured we can build things great
Was that the big dig?

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
awesome construction....it was on the discovery channel awhile back when they were constructing the columns, very nice piece of work

IL j.o.a.t

I have been inside and those are massive generators, they hum along and I was looking at the flatbed in the picture for a size comparison. They are big...

Extractorfan

Occupation
operator earthmoving machines
Hi all,
I visited Vegas in 2009, went out to Hoover Dam saw the new highway built almost to the canyon, no sign of the bridge though. There was the beginnings of the foundations where the bridge arch springs from high on the canyon wall and an excavator suspended on a derrick crane above the foundation on the edge of the canyon,(I may have some photos of this will post if so.) Would the excavator have been used to clear away the waste rock from the foundation? Would the rock have been blasted, anyone know.
I am back in Vegas next week my daughter is getting married there, so I intend to go back to Hoover and see the bridge for myself. Unfortunately just missed Minexpo!
Keep up the good work on these large construction projects, nice to see the Stars and Stripes flying on your cranes shows you are proud of your work.
Ex tractor fan UK.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Thank you good sir nice pic's