• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HKX Hydraulic kit

qwikDraw

Occupation
Heavy Mowing, Mulching, Land Clearing
anyone have any experience installing a hydraulic kit on an excavator for running a hammer?

Need to plumb a Daewoo 175 and might try and do it myself..

Chris91786

Occupation
CAT HE Technician - Ring Power Corp.
I've done them on Cat excavators. It's really not all that bad, just make sure u add the valve sections on the right spot, and make sure you get all the hoses in the right spots and you shouldn't have any problems.

ncbschzzt

Occupation
john deere/hitachi field tech
If you ordered the kit directly from HKX as a hammer kit then it will be no problem. They are one the best Aux plumbing kit manufactures I have ever used! I have built my one kits and would never ever do that again after using HKX products. Most important is to remember to install pressure reliefs in your control valve and to flow the machine and set to your hammer. Also after the couple hours of operation, go and tighten every single line you installed. Trust me, do it. Their instructions are real good and they have excellent tech support, so I say go for it!

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
I agree, HKX is top notch. I've worked closely with them when they started up, we let them use our rental machines for research and even sold them the booms and sticks that they use for displays and literature. Great company to work with.

Iron Horse

If your going to pipe it , i suggest making it two way . It's no harder and you can run a grapple , thumb or an auger etc as well . I posted a lot of photos of the step by step installation on my machine . There was also a lot of good advice from members . If you do , make sure you use 4 wire hose on both sides of the boom as pressure is on both with two way .https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=7297

ncbschzzt

Occupation
Two way is good, but depends on your kit. Wether it has the electronic handle/pedal or manual foot pedal. If it's manual then real simple, but if it's electronic not so much.

qwikDraw

Occupation
Heavy Mowing, Mulching, Land Clearing
Thanks guys, really I am running a brush cutter but I figured it would be the same as a hammer and more peoploe would have experience with that. I need 2 pump flow, case drain and a detent switch. I will go with HKX as everyone I have talked to says good things about them...

Bring on the trees!

Iron Horse

QD , can you post what you find out about how the two pumps are merged ? I have been trying to find out without any luck , i want it for a mulcher as well .

ncbschzzt

Occupation
You will need a pump augment kit, this will allow for dual pump flow. You just need to call HKX and they figure it all out for you. They will not sell you something that will not work.

METCO

Occupation
self employed
I have my dealer putting a hkx kit on a deere 270d now . the kit is very nice and complete. all the lines are made to fit. it is a dual pump set up, to run a mower on a 60 foot long reach

KAC=CATeater

Any kit put on by the company I work for come from HKX. We have had good luck with them, even on some odd ball set ups. I dont know if it is because of HKX or if it is due to some of the people that install them but we seem to chase leaks for about the first week or 2 then they are usually flawless. Their tech support is pretty good also.

ncbschzzt

Occupation
Any kit put on by the company I work for come from HKX. We have had good luck with them, even on some odd ball set ups. I dont know if it is because of HKX or if it is due to some of the people that install them but we seem to chase leaks for about the first week or 2 then they are usually flawless. Their tech support is pretty good also.

In the directions of the kit is explains after the first something or so hours I cant remember you must re-torque all the fittings. I have found this to the most absolute truth ever told.

kenaustin

Occupation
heavy equipment tech
Make sure you have the circuit reliefs in main control valve. I am pretty sure they are installed. Early 170's did not have them factory installed.