• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HITACHI Zaxis 210k throttle control and main Controller

Occupation
electronic engineer
Dear all, in this Hitachi Zaxis 210k the throttle control unit(the stepper motor with gearbox) had been cut and stolen from its harness, instead of detaching from the connectors (both position sensor and stepper motor). upon replacing with the same type throttle control unit still was not working. suspecting of any serious damage that may had occurred to the main controller pcb, during the theft we replaced it and still the throttle controller does not respond to the accelerator movements, nor stops the engine when ignition key switch put on to off position. can anybody tell me why this is? I can assure you that the wiring is perfect and made no mistakes. any help greatly appreciated.

garyw

Occupation
Plant Engineer
When you replace the EC motor or the controller you need to perform engine learning. Also make sure the throttle cable is fitted exactly the same as the old one

Occupation
electronic engineer
Thank you very much Dear garyw,
I did as you said and I could get rid of the problem. I never knew of an engine learning matter. the procedure I found in this forum while browsing and it was you who had given the advice to a FrankT.

thanks a lot. Keep up with the good work!

S. Rohan Fernando

Last edited: