• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hitachi exe200 lc-s hydraulic problem stallin out engine

Kid

Hi this hitachi ex200's engine stalls when u dead end any function and when u do lift or lower it doesn't do it just stalls out right away. I think it something todo with the two sensors ontop of the hyd pump there is no voltage goin to them with machine running. Is there a relay or something or does anyone got a manual or schematic for this unit? Thanks

Could be a couple of things but.....

Lets start with the easiest fix first.

You may have a bad DP sensor at the front of the valve bank. It's the round sensor usually gold colored and is visible on the valvebank right behind the swing transmision.

You may also have a bad angle sensor on the pumps, be sure to check the condition of the plug ends and the wirring itself.

Your angle sensors may be acting up but it's not as common as the other pieces that I've mentioned.

You may also have a problem in the PVC or cab harness which can be checked by pulling off the rear dash assy. and with the machine running check that the red lights on the engine controller and the pump valve controller are comunicating with each other.(the lights will be flashing back oposite of each other)

This is just a start but first I would try and swap the angle sensor wire plugs and see if that changes anything.

Odds are though that it's the DP sensor on the valve bank causing you this problem.

Good luck and let us know, you can also try me at the shop at 604 856 8281 if you get to frustrated.

KenAl

You may also have a problem in the PVC or cab harness which can be checked by pulling off the rear dash assy. and with the machine running check that the red lights on the engine controller and the pump valve controller are comunicating with each other.(the lights will be flashing back oposite of each other)

The LED's don't always flash in unison even with the usual 1 second on 1 second off. Check your fuses first. Make sure they are the right amperage. If the lower computer (PVC) flashes but not 1 second off 1 second on (normal no codes). Then count the flashes. A long one is 10 a short one is 1. Example fault code 22 which you may have will be 2 long flashes followed by 2 short flashes. There may be more than one code active and the process will repeat itself.

KenAl

That all is if you have an EX200-2 or -3. EX200-5? forget what I said.

kneelo

I think maybe where you think its as 's' it is actually a '5' so its a dash 5. Is it a late 90's machine?

I have a full set of manuals for an EX270-5 most of which also cover the 200-5 if you want some particular info. It has a trouble shooting guide but mostly relies on you having the dr.ex or dr.zx scan tool.

I have seen a knock off hitachi scan tool on ebay that might be worth investigating... I have been thinking about it myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dr-ZX-Hitachi-Excavator-V2009A-DR-ZX-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a5fcb6459QQitemZ250715268185QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

excavator

What's the serial number? I'm thinking if it is an EX200-5 with wiring to the top of the pump then it is a grey market machine, serial number beginning with 14HP? The grey market 200-5s were quite different than the US version. Much more electronics, different wiring harness, computor ect. They printed a seperate manual for this machine which is no longer available. But they can all be fixed, just need to know what model you actually have.

Wawrecker

Had the same problem on our 200-3 a few years ago. On start up the engine was under load, wouldnt rev but when you activated the thumb cylinder it would free up until it got to the end of the throw and then it would die. Had 3 mechanics look at it. Mech one from the dealer "bring it to the shop and about twelve grand we can fix it". Mech 2 "Its the pump", Mech 3" I dont know Hitachis but it's not the pump". Replaced pump, worked for 1 day and then went chit house again. The wire harness coming out of the cab was the problem. The insulation in places had cracked and alowed oil to short out a couple circuits. Cleaned the harness and tightend up the control hydraulic lines been trouble free for 4 years. Hope this helps

Sripola

Hi Kid,

Hope you sorted out the problem. But we recently sold a Hitachi EX200-3 and it had almost the same issue. As soon as the machgine worked for about 20min the engine would die. Traced the problem to a bad DP sensor. We got a second hand sensor for this and its been working ok ever since the replacement. I actually got one sent from China and still waiting for delivery, but will let you know if the Chinese sensors are any good. It was only USD280!

Hope this helps!

Imran

Texas Dwight

I have seen a knock off hitachi scan tool on ebay that might be worth investigating... I have been thinking about it myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dr-ZX-Hitachi-Excavator-V2009A-DR-ZX-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a5fcb6459QQitemZ250715268185QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

Has any one actually used one of these scan tools? The reason I ask is a friend of mine has a 100-2 that loads the engine until it almost dies when trying to do much of anything at all, he has a scan tool referenced above and for the life of me I can not get it to communicate with the machine. I have experience with communications of this sort but am at a loss on this one.

rgl726

Has any one actually used one of these scan tools? The reason I ask is a friend of mine has a 100-2 that loads the engine until it almost dies when trying to do much of anything at all, he has a scan tool referenced above and for the life of me I can not get it to communicate with the machine. I have experience with communications of this sort but am at a loss on this one.

also got this same diagnostic tools and it is not working on my dash 2 machines.

storm1n

Hi, it seems that you know quite a bit about EX200-3 we are experiencing slow hydraulic responses and cannot figure out why this is happening. We dont have any access to scan tools etc....we are based in roxas city, capiz can you help us or at leats point us in the right direction? Thanks

rgl726

Hi, it seems that you know quite a bit about EX200-3 we are experiencing slow hydraulic responses and cannot figure out why this is happening. We dont have any access to scan tools etc....we are based in roxas city, capiz can you help us or at leats point us in the right direction? Thanks

call me at 09173232700

DBarron

Dr zx is not a knock off, it's the newer version of dr ex

Last edited:

DBarron

I have a dr zx I'm getting rid of with cables for all ex models, also have zx cables to if needed

BradyHill1

the computer on My ex200-2 went out, or some of the computer went out, I have voltage at the pump but Deere said it would cost 10k to fix it so we just bypassed the computer, it burns more fuel but is still working....