• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi ex75ur won't turn off by key

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Go and watch the engine and have someone turn it off..
If it has a controller working the throttle on the injection pump to the shut off position, it may just need to be calibrated..
Or do u shut it off w a pull cable.??
If so, again.. go watch the engine and see what the cable is attached to and adjust..

Bad billy

If it has a controller working the throttle on the injection pump to the shut off position, it may just need to be calibrated..
Or do u shut it off w a pull cable.??
If so, again.. go watch the engine and see what the cable is attached to and adjust..
Ok
I will do this when i get back to the machine .
To calibrate is to adjust the cable correct?

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
ok i have not worked on that small of machine but 160 270 and 330 ...that being said does it have the dial for throttle if so its a electric motor on hydraulic pump side on machine that works throttle to injection pu,mp ....they are bad about eating gears up inside ...the gears are rubber and grease gets hard and over time teeth break off maybe just one but its out of time then and engine will not cut off ...only way to se this is take it off open it up and you will see tooth missing ..also if you have to replace it ..its a relearning for new throttle to machine its a toggle switch behind seat near fuse panel that i will try to find relearn about ....also i have seen the knobs for throttle break lil tit off and get out of time so if you turn dial it goes farther oneway then other

seville009

The one I used to have would occasionally not shut off with the key. I would just idle down, the stall it out when the key would not work.

Bad billy

Or do u shut it off w a pull cable.?im?

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
The alternator could be back feeding the ignition, keeping the fuel pump energized.
You could try disconnecting the field wires ( not the big wire) from the alternator and see if the engine dies, to confirm.

Why does that happen? Really need a wiring diagram to figure it out, but the Japanese machines often have a diode somewhere in the system to prevent that. Such as the infamous Komatsu D11 diode hidden in the RH console.