• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HITACHI EX200-3 CONVERSION KIT ISSUES

Cryil Noble

Hey , still struggling to deal with this conversion kit and all its issues, I have read all the posts on here , but what id like to find is someone whit indept knowledge of how this kit works, my big question is why some functions are too slow to use and other too fast? has anyone figured out how to adjust individual functions? is there a chat group anywhere other than here that guys share knowledge on this ? or an email address of a conversion kit technician? thanks, I am considering removing the kit and going back to the original but that will be very costly, I know this issue has been beat around a lot on here but I'm desperate lol

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Cryil
I have made a lot of research into the Hitachi pump regulations as a lot of questions jump up on the forum. The conversion I have not been involved with so much I have never seen a good explaination.
Attached is some of my notes may be of help.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Hitachi PumpReg1.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 33

DFBluffton

Did you unplug your computer? I red somewhere that you also have unplug the hydraulic computer, not the engine one.

Steve Austin

I remember another member on the forum was having trouble with a conversion kit an he mentioned that the pump and valve controller was unplugged.

Cryil Noble

In my opinion it’s better than having to buy all the new pump sensors and possibly a wiring harness, but it don’t work very good , mine is still stalling out all the time no matter how many washers i install or remove, and there seems to be very little knowledge of the kit out there , bottom line is you will still have issues

ahicks2

Where did you buy your conversion kit? Do they all sell the same parts kit and put their name on it? Where did you get your installation instructions, and will instruction from one work on another?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
With some reluctance to become involved with this thread, however, I make the following comments in an effort to help. Please note, I do not have any good information regarding the kit to control the pumps from the third party.
The Hitachi pump flow (power) is regulated by the swash piston, the piston has two differing surface area,s in each end. This enables the swash (Flow output) to be locked according to the ECU signal output. Knowing what pressure you have at the large end of the piston would be very helpful in troubleshooting power issues.
Unfortunately, Hitachi does not provide a measuring point, this is up to the individual to resolve.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• 120 PumpRegResponse.pdf
    990 KB · Views: 16

Cryil Noble

Did you unplug your computer? I red somewhere that you also have unplug the hydraulic computer, not the engine one.
I unplugged every sensor on the hydraulic pump and the valve body ,so I don't see how not unplugging the computer could affect the pump control

Cryil Noble

Where did you buy your conversion kit? Do they all sell the same parts kit and put their name on it? Where did you get your installation instructions, and will instruction from one work on another?
I think mine is a( siminco) spelling may be off, but they are all the same ,mine came with instructions but they were terrible vague and very bad English ,but I figured it out eventually , the biggest problem is that there is no control over individual functions , the bucket and stick are great on mine but the tracks and lift kill the engine easily, its a very troublesome design

Cryil Noble

Nothing new here, I wish , very little knowledge out there it seems, mine is still trying to pump far too much oil and still stalling

StumpSlinger

We have a 200-3 that has been partially flooded at least enough to soak the computer. I was hoping the conversion was the grand fix.

Cryil Noble

some people have had good luck , but mine is bad , I am basically controlling the oil flow myself with joystick and track pedals , pump is pretty much maxed out all the time . Full stroke , the adjustment washers do nothing